Cockateils Thread- Albino-Pearl-Pastel-Silver and so MUCH MORE!!!!

Here is my male, Ricky, he will be 5 in just a couple of months.

And here is my female, Penny, she just turned one.

Everybody on here has beautiful birds!

Last edited:
Here is another picture of my two eating dinner. They are a bit scruffy right now since they are going through a molt. Even though Hodgins was acting a lot like a male I am thinking that he is acutely a female since he still has his pearling but a few more months and I should know for sure.

Last edited:
To Curtiejlee. On your other thread taking him to a vet was suggested. Have you taken him in yet? It's hard to tell in the picture what you are referring to. Is there a discharge? Did you see how the lady had him housed? Was he with other birds? Does he act like his eyes are bothering him? Is he acting sick or stopped eating? It's really hard to help without more details.

Here is another picture of my two eating dinner. They are a bit scruffy right now since they are going through a molt. Even though Hodgins was acting a lot like a male I am thinking that he is acutely a female since he still has his pearling but a few more months and I should know for sure.

They are beautiful. What are you feeding them? My son adopted (rescued) a very fearful male about 4 yrs old who is afraid of everything. We have tried offering him greens and fruit but he freaks out, cowers in the corner of his cage, and won't get near it. Is there anything that they find irresistible? I would love for the bird to eat more than packaged food.

They are beautiful. What are you feeding them? My son adopted (rescued) a very fearful male about 4 yrs old who is afraid of everything. We have tried offering him greens and fruit but he freaks out, cowers in the corner of his cage, and won't get near it. Is there anything that they find irresistible? I would love for the bird to eat more than packaged food.
Thanks, I always have Zupreem pellets in a dish near the top of the cage. Their dinner consists of 3 tablespoons seed (I use a seed mix that does not have sunflower seeds in it but I add a few to their dinner) , 4 nutri-berries, home made birdie bread based on this recipe http://cutelittlebirdiesaviary.weebly.com/our-birdie-bread-recipe--red-pepper-and-cillantro.html , homemade egg food based on this recipe http://cutelittlebirdiesaviary.weebly.com/egg-food--our-aviary-recipe-step-by-step.html , soak and cook and for fruit and veggies I buy a a large variety since I also have pigeons, a rabbit and a lot of rats that all have veggies every day. This is a good list for safe veggies & fruits http://www.beaknwings.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=295&Itemid=435 & here is a site with ways of getting your bird to eat veggies http://jenb0128.hubpages.com/hub/Adding-Fruits-and-Vegetables-to-Your-Pet-Birds-Diet . It took almost a year for Angela to start eating veggies out of her bowl but she would eat a few bites if I pretended to eat them and then offered her some. I found that Angela likes her veggies cut into tiny bite sized chunks and Hodgins eats anything that he sees Angela eating. Parsley, cilantro, frozen corn and broccoli are big hits with most of the birds I have had and I found that sprinkling seed on the veggies helps a lot. I hope it is ok to post this forum but Talk Cockatiels http://talkcockatiels.com/forum.php is a great place to talk to other Cockatiel owners.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for all that great info! It's taken almost a year just to get the bird to perch on my son's finger, and many people have advised luring the bird with a favorite treat. Unfortunately it makes him even more afraid, so guess we'll have to keep putting treats in his cage until he realizes it can't hurt him. Hope it doesn't take another year!

He loves attention, but wants to stay in or on his cage. He loves looking out the window to watch the chickens and is a great whistler.

Wow, thanks for all that great info! It's taken almost a year just to get the bird to perch on my son's finger, and many people have advised luring the bird with a favorite treat. Unfortunately it makes him even more afraid, so guess we'll have to keep putting treats in his cage until he realizes it can't hurt him. Hope it doesn't take another year!

He loves attention, but wants to stay in or on his cage. He loves looking out the window to watch the chickens and is a great whistler.

Good luck with your 'tiel! talkcockatiels.com is a great forum for all things Cockatiel. This site is also great but talkcockatiels.com is all about cockatiels! I have an account on there and use it quite frequently for any questions I might have.

Last edited:
I got a new one here she is....

she is so pretty!! and its so good to hear from you! i sadly had to sell all my cockatiels but i got a breeding pair of green cheeks and they are adorable i actually love their shreiks!

Back
Top Bottom