Cockatiel genetics i need experts opinion

RIR0BCM

Songster
7 Years
Nov 7, 2014
Hello ,
I have been raising and breeding cockatiels for more than 13 years and i recently came across a very weird eye color/ mutation , and i just dont know what it is and i cant find any information on the internet about it ,

A few years ago I bought a pair of whiteface cinnamons i believe they were siblings , and i noticed right away that their eyes were blue/green ,
I added them to my flock and they both quickly bonded with other birds from the flock and had babies ,

All of their babies had blue eyes , now i know blue eye color is know in cockatiels but what baffles me is that one of the offsprings had blue iris and red pupil , This bird is a whiteface cinnamon pied

Can anyone explain what happened here or which mutation is this ?

I do not know what mutation the mom was because the bird itself is over 2 years old so i don't really remember

Looks like a mutation when a lunito and a pied are mixed together it's normal and shouldnt cause a health problem
IMG_20221003_052246.jpg

Interesting could be one of the parents was split lutino , i will try to upload a photo , it hard to catch the red pupil during the day , i will try to take a photo at night

All the offsprings have blue eyes and dark pupil except for this one ,
The combination of red and blue is very weird and unique , i never saw this before , not even on the internet, and i cant find any information about it

Here is a photo of the bird, i hope you can see the red pupil and blue iris , its easier to see when you zoom in , although the picture is not very good, i wasnt able to get a good shot

69EC2DFA-EE5D-466B-8B10-6F63CE6596C3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom