Cockatiels

Janeen0416

Chirping
Apr 25, 2023
Hi guys my pair has 5 babies not their first time being parents and they are both 2 anyways they keep feeding the babies and they look like they are going to explode so I been keeping the parents out of the box it’s been almost 2 hours now but they are still so full and the parents keep trying to feed them what do I do? They hatched 27,27,28,20,1 so December and January 1st.

Hi guys my pair has 5 babies not their first time being parents and they are both 2 anyways they keep feeding the babies and they look like they are going to explode so I been keeping the parents out of the box it’s been almost 2 hours now but they are still so full and the parents keep trying to feed them what do I do? They hatched 27,27,28,20,1 so December and January 1st.
Sorry forgot they are cockatiels.

Perfectly normal for parent fed birds to have full crops most of the time. As long as they empty some overnight (dont need to be fully empty). Parent fed chicks get less processed foods than what we would feed them which takes longer to digest. With that many babies I would be more concerned with empty crops. Sounds like the parents are doing a fantastic job

Back
Top Bottom