Cockerel BA?

He/she is still a bit young I would say pullet for now though the comb is looking a bit pink. Do you have any other chicks at the same age to compare to your BA in question?

Last edited:
Is this a cockerel BA? It's one month old.

The comb and wattles are small and not pink. Actually I do not see wattles which is a good sign for a 4 week old BA.

The legs look big but that does not mean much. You will know more at 6 to 10 weeks old. If the comb and wattles stay yellow and do not grow much then this is a pullet.

He/she is still a bit young I would say pullet for now though the comb is looking a bit pink. Do you have any other chicks at the same age to compare to your BA in question?
The other ones are have more developed feathers and smaller legs. Does that mean something?

When I bought them, they were sold with a cockerel. So I'm sure there is one in there somewhere, I'm just wondering if that is it. There is another one that so far has a large comb, although may or may not be a cockerel, and I was hoping that they didn't send me two cockerels.

When I bought them, they were sold with a cockerel. So I'm sure there is one in there somewhere, I'm just wondering if that is it. There is another one that so far has a large comb, although may or may not be a cockerel, and I was hoping that they didn't send me two cockerels.
So far so good!

The comb and wattles are the best way to tell. If one has bigger, pinker and wattles at this age then that is what other cockerels will look like.

I just got another image of him/her (the comb looks a bit larger at this angle
wink.png
).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom