Cockerel or pullets?

I just wanted to update this thread to say that at least one of these chickens is a pullet, 18 weeks old now. I've caught her in the nesting boxes lately and for the last few days she's been giving me the cutest little pullet eggs.
wee.gif

They are actually much darker eggs than the picture shows, a very dark brown, probably because of the Cuckoo Marans side of the mix.

Here she is today...

And her eggs...

Last edited:
I like to think of sexing chickens as a sport, rather than a science - there's always the odd one or two that will trip up even the most experienced chicken expert! I go through the same process on an almost daily basis with my 16 day old chicks, and change my mind almost as frequently
big_smile.png

CT

I like to think of sexing chickens as a sport, rather than a science - there's always the odd one or two that will trip up even the most experienced chicken expert! I go through the same process on an almost daily basis with my 16 day old chicks, and change my mind almost as frequently
big_smile.png

CT
Same here!

We have 15 chicks ranging from 8 weeks up to 14 weeks from the spring-summer hatches and only 3 of them have absolutely screamed cockerel, one more a definite maybe. The rest I go back and forth on daily. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom