Coconut oil for my hens

I've used both refined and unrefined coconut oil and they love it. They get plenty of tumeric and cilantro too. I probably should of looked it up first. They seem healthy still after a year.

i will try this and mix some with some homemade probiotic yogurt for them.this is truly a miracle. my coconut oil is a little pricey but its for my chickens so who cares! i'd do anything for them

I make seed balls with coconut oil for wild birds. I also made a large seed flock block for my hens using coconut oil because I have a chicken that has been bullying all the other hens. I made it for a bordom buster. The bully Hen is now constantly on the flock block. I just don't know how much is enough and I don't want it to replace their normal intake of their feed. I know that when I eat to much coconut oil that it can lead to insomnia because it's a brain food for us. I hope it doesn't have the same effect in chickens. :D

I use coconut oil to soften the comb skin of my oldest hen, that in winter always appear white because of dry skin. I make this not only for appearance, but because without an healthy comb skin i can't understand when she could be truly pale. ;)

Hi...I am new to raising chickens and was also amazed regarding coconut oil.
So I mixed up dry oatmeal about a cup and tablespoon of coconut oil. Mixed
It up with my hands and put on a paper plate. They loved it. Plan to add to daily diet...
I was thinking of the oatmeal and coconut oil idea also. Especially for my girl that has Vent Gleet. I'll think I try it with her tomorrow. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom