Colloncas, Huastecs, & Quechuas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!  The biggest reason I had such a GREAT hatch is because of the way Yashar packed them and labeled them.  I think I was also extremely lucky they got through the postal service without major damage.  I order Shelley china on Ebay.  It is amazing how many of those come with smashed corners even though it says extremely fragile.  Fortunately the Shelley sellers are like Yashar - they prepare for ANYthing.
Yes, you got very lucky. In spite of the packaging both batches of 20 eggs I got here in Texas had 2 broken eggs and the rest scrambled with the exception of the 1 Huastec and 1 Collonca I got from batch 2. And they were enough of a mess that they were badly malpositioned and only survived with a 100% assisted hatch. I desperately need to find someone who has Huastecs and is willing to ship chicks or eggs that lives a little closer to Texas.

Yes, you got very lucky. In spite of the packaging both batches of 20 eggs I got here in Texas had 2 broken eggs and the rest scrambled with the exception of the 1 Huastec and 1 Collonca I got from batch 2. And they were enough of a mess that they were badly malpositioned and only survived with a 100% assisted hatch. I desperately need to find someone who has Huastecs and is willing to ship chicks or eggs that lives a little closer to Texas.

This is the worst shipping story to date!!

When I have a moment more I'll respond to the post from the "state site." There is some truth to it, but as was mentioned a good bit of opinion also.

Please keep the pictures coming!!

Yashar

familypendragon,

I totally agree with that some postal workers take delight in trying to destroy fragile items. I collect Shelley china teacups and I cannot believe the massive damage done to some of the boxes I have received. I only buy from ones that are 99% or above. Those people know their packaging because not one cup or saucer has been broken.

I think what may have saved my eggs is that Yashar put "live animals" on the box. When I went to pick up the box, the postal people wanted to know what was in the box. They couldn't hear any peeping or movement. I know I was bad to do this but I could not resist. I told them it was a new breed of completely voiceless chickens. They actually bought it! It did not even occur to them that there were no air holes in the box. I was a good girl and managed not to laugh until I was in the car with the door shut.

When I get time and get the other guys to cooperate I will post some more pics . I have some Sweet Potatoe Olmecs and several more Colloncas and a BQO who is beautiful.

This a pic of my baby Colloncas , and Huastecs, and another Colloncas when they were 3 weeks old.
Your Colloncas look just like mine. I broke down and bought a Macro lens for my Nikon D3100 and got them this evening. Darned if the battery in the camera was dead. It is recharging tonight. Pics tomorrow! :)

Hi All,

I am really LOVING my new lens! I will start with pictures of the two Sweet Potato Quechuas I hatched:

The brown one below next to the wall with the "fuzzy" face is a Quechuas - is that correct, Yashar?

This is the "grayer" one below:

That's all for now folks, It took me forever to upload these so I will try the Colloncas later. I have a whole bunch of pictures so I hope the uploading improves.

Vickie
et. al
Kelso, WA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom