Color help

bernhardt

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 26, 2015
Does anyone know what color the bird in the front is? I only have a white male and an Indian blue hen and this baby looked to be a white when born then started getting dark in places on the wings when those feather can in he was hatched in August. There were two that looked this way all the rest are either blue or white. I don't know much about color yet so do t know what this is or what it will look like or how to tell if male or female.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240101_215141_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240101_215141_Gallery.jpg
    573.7 KB · Views: 34
Does anyone know what color the bird in the front is? I only have a white male and an Indian blue hen and this baby looked to be a white when born then started getting dark in places on the wings when those feather can in he was hatched in August. There were two that looked this way all the rest are either blue or white. I don't know much about color yet so do t know what this is or what it will look like or how to tell if male or female.
Believe that's a black shoulder boy. Black shoulders a recessive gene, so your other two can carry one copy of it each. Bred together, some of the babies get two copies of the gene and suddenly it shows. Black shoulder are born almost pure white...just the faintest tint of reddish brown to the wings.

Believe that's a black shoulder boy. Black shoulders a recessive gene, so your other two can carry one copy of it each. Bred together, some of the babies get two copies of the gene and suddenly it shows. Black shoulder are born almost pure white...just the faintest tint of reddish brown to the wings.
Thanks so much

Back
Top Bottom