Color of my bantam Silkie chick?

MsGloria

In the Brooder
May 10, 2022
Hey there!

I have three bantam Silkie chicks (they'll be three weeks old tomorrow!) and I was trying to figure out their colors.

I'm pretty sure that one is black, one is gray, and the last one I have no idea. I was originally thinking buff, but they are more yellow. They started getting these yellow and black striped feathers so I was wondering if there is some partridge in there? I'm also guessing that the black and gray are hens and the yellow one is a roo. Any guesses? I can post more pictures if that is helpful!

IMG-5163.jpg
IMG-5165.jpg
IMG-5040.jpg
IMG-4833.jpg

Oh fun! I thought she might be blue, but wasn’t sure! I got them at a feed store in Brighton, Colorado.

Not sure, I could give them a call and see! I called around to twelve feed stores just looking for bantams. Imagine my surprise when I followed a bantam lead and they were bantam Silkies!! I’d looked all over online and everyone was sold out for the year. I’m getting five bantam Ameraucanas this weekend as well. (Just responding to your sn)

Curious how your buff turned out after feathering out more? I have one super similar with a pure buff sibling. But mom was a splash or blue. So I'm unsure if it may be leakage?

Attachments

• 20220719_140100.jpg
    20220719_140100.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom