Colorado Hatching Eggs Thread

Ah perfect! A hatching thread!! I'm in Colorado Springs and my Maran has gone broody. I'm looking for some fertilized eggs so she can do her thing with them since I've been wanting to add to the flock recently anyways. Breed doesn't matter as long as they aren't flighty birds as my kids interact with the chickens on a daily basis.

Ah perfect! A hatching thread!! I'm in Colorado Springs and my Maran has gone broody. I'm looking for some fertilized eggs so she can do her thing with them since I've been wanting to add to the flock recently anyways. Breed doesn't matter as long as they aren't flighty birds as my kids interact with the chickens on a daily basis.

I have some Bantam Cochin eggs if you are interested in bantams, and some RIR x SS eggs if you want large fowl, or I can make up a mixed dozen - don't have a full dozen of either, and getting ready to set tonight but I can hold out the newest ones if you are interested. I'm headed North tomorrow and could meet you off an exit of I-25 nearer to you (I'm in Pueblo).

These are my first chickens so excuse me, but what is SS? I'm assuming RIR are rhode Island reds.

Id love just half a dozen of the RIR/SS chickens. I don't want to take a chance that more than 8 will be hens and put me over my city ordinance limits (10 hens).

Also I have to be at work at 3 so the hand off would have to happen before then.

I have some Bantam Cochin eggs if you are interested in bantams, and some RIR x SS eggs if you want large fowl, or I can make up a mixed dozen - don't have a full dozen of either, and getting ready to set tonight but I can hold out the newest ones if you are interested.  I'm headed North tomorrow and could meet you off an exit of I-25 nearer to you (I'm in Pueblo).

SS = Speckled Sussex
welcome-byc.gif
by the way! Glad to have you here. Lots of peeps down your way...

Last edited:
These are my first chickens so excuse me, but what is SS? I'm assuming RIR are rhode Island reds.

Id love just half a dozen of the RIR/SS chickens. I don't want to take a chance that more than 8 will be hens and put me over my city ordinance limits (10 hens).

Also I have to be at work at 3 so the hand off would have to happen before then.

I am so sorry, I set eggs right around the time you posted this :( I can collect this week if you want to wait, it will take them most of the week to lay 6, there are 2 SS hens (thanks MtnMargie, yes SS = Speckled Sussex) and they are 2 years old and slowing down (hatchery girls). The RIR cock bird is not hatchery and is a big boy, we call him Baby Huey :) But, there's as good a chance as not someone else will have some eggs for you before the end of the week. If not I can bring with me to work Thursday or Friday and meet you somewhere. I work at exit 119.

I am so sorry, I set eggs right around the time you posted this :( I can collect this week if you want to wait, it will take them most of the week to lay 6, there are 2 SS hens (thanks MtnMargie, yes SS = Speckled Sussex) and they are 2 years old and slowing down (hatchery girls). The RIR cock bird is not hatchery and is a big boy, we call him Baby Huey :) But, there's as good a chance as not someone else will have some eggs for you before the end of the week. If not I can bring with me to work Thursday or Friday and meet you somewhere. I work at exit 119.

Thanks Mtn Margie!! My boyfriend resisted the idea of chickens, but went ahead and got my coop all up for me and situated. (It's a 4x8 wood shed that I retrofitted for chickens. Got a killer deal on it at Lowes where I work…. 30% off). I'm like a locomotive when I got something in my head that I want. There's no stopping me! *lol* He's not too pleased with me getting more chicks, but oh well!! He can share the eggs with his aunt and his mom as a bonus. ;) Here's it is….. We're creating a hanging sign for it that's gonna say "The Chick Inn". *lol* I still need to add in vents and windows for the winter, but the doors stay open all day and they can come and go as they please and free range in the 200+ sq ft area they have available to them.

SS = Speckled Sussex
welcome-byc.gif
by the way! Glad to have you here. Lots of peeps down your way...

Last edited:
Thanks Mtn Margie!! My boyfriend resisted the idea of chickens, but went ahead and got my coop all up for me and situated. (It's a 4x8 wood shed that I retrofitted for chickens. Got a killer deal on it at Lowes where I work…. 30% off). I'm like a locomotive when I got something in my head that I want. There's no stopping me! *lol* He's not too pleased with me getting more chicks, but oh well!! He can share the eggs with his aunt and his mom as a bonus. ;) Here's it is….. We're creating a hanging sign for it that's gonna say "The Chick Inn". *lol* I still need to add in vents and windows for the winter, but the doors stay open all day and they can come and go as they please and free range in the 200+ sq ft area they have available to them.

Welcome! I'm sure your girls love their setup. Come over to the CO thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/newestpost/68894 to chat more. We try to keep this thread just eggs.

Back
Top Bottom