Colorado Hatching Eggs Thread

trsturself

Songster
6 Years
Mar 24, 2013
Elizabeth, CO
I find it very difficult to find local eggs/chicks on this forum so I'm starting this thread for everyone in Colorado to post what they have so local buyers can find it easier. This will work similar to the Crazy Auction BIN thread. Sellers post your ad, buyers quote the ad you want to buy and say that it is sold to you. You might also want to PM the seller since responses can get lost in threads like this.

Is there a fee to sell like the one in Brighton?

No, no fee. Just get there at the start and set yourself up. It's a very small parking lot (8 spots maybe?) that the sellers set up in so it gets pretty crowded. Parking and finding a spot to set up can be a challenge. It's good to find a friend to do it with to share a space and have someone to watch your stuff so you can walk around and look too.

Sellers - don't forget to bring change. Buyers - bring some small bills and a container to bring your birds home in.

Last edited:
Honey, we can enroll and go to meetings together! LOL
Chickens Anonymous ... the first step is to admit you have a problem. Second step? Go look at some more chicks! :)

Honey, we can enroll and go to meetings together! LOL
Chickens Anonymous ... the first step is to admit you have a problem. Second step? Go look at some more chicks! :)
Count me in! We started thinking we'd have 4 because that's what our city allowed at that time (and we had neighbors that reported our dogs all the time for no reason, so we knew we'd probably get reported for the chickens). We moved to a new city that allows 6 and we have much better neighbors. Now we have 7 chickens outside, 28 chicks inside, and 8 eggs in the bator! We aren't keeping all those of course, but holy addiction!

great glad to have colorado recognized and i am a newbie so hope i can get some local help if i need it
frow.gif

great glad to have colorado recognized and i am a newbie so hope i can get some local help if i need it
frow.gif

Hi and welcome! Here are a couple of other threads to follow for information. I am sure you will have neighbors around.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/68894/colorado/20000#post_13586622 Colorado
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/865568/i-25-egg-train/60#post_13586696 Egg train
and for when you are really hooked....
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/194395/hatching-at-high-altitude/50#post_13584345 High altitude hatching
Have fun!

Dandar, most pullets will start to lay in the 20-30 weeks of age range. If you want to breed only some of the pullets you would have to keep them with the rooster you want them bred with, separate from the rest of the flock. I have several groups, and they take turns free ranging.

looking to hatch some of our own babies here. We can't have roosters and want to expand our flock. We have an incubator. Not too particular on breed, but needs to be a decent layer. 
Does anyone have any hatching eggs?

There are quite a few people around the springs that should have some hatching eggs. I have a barnyard mix of eggs you can hatch. Various breeds (hens) australorp, rir, california white, silkie crosses, americauna, coo coo maran buff orpington. All covere by either my bantom cochin or brahma. I cant guarntee hens hatching out of these eggs however.
Let me know if you want some eggs and i will start to keep some out of the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom