Colorado Soy feed

maryboland

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 28, 2009
Hi, I just purchased 12 eight-week old hens from a Grand Junction, Co breeder and she recommended and sold me some starter/grower from Colorado Soy products, Stratton, Colorado. I looked them up on the internet and their website said they sell feeds made with "flame roasted grains." They say the flame roasting converts saturated fat to unsaturated, destroys molds and toxins, and changes carbohydrates to dextrin. They claim their feed is much more digestible -- over 90% digestible -- than other feeds. Their layer ration consists of cracked corn, roasted crushed soybeans, calcium, a mineral pack, and soybean oil.

My new hens look to be in great shape and seem to love their feed. Do any of you know anything about this flame roasting business? And what do you think of the ingredient mix in the layer ration?

PS Thanks to all who gave me advice on building my new coop and run two or three months ago. I took almost all your advice and am very satisfied with the result.

That feed sounds very interesting and unique. I could not find them on the web, do you still have their web address? I am very interested in reserching the feed and possibly using it. Is it sold in 50# bags and if so how much does it cost?
smile.png

Website is coloradosoy.com Feed comes in 50 lb bags Website did not give prices But gal who sold me hens and recommended this feed said she saved money with it. Website has an email address for inquiries

Back
Top Bottom