Colorado?

I don't think they processes chickens anymore. I think I called them when I was looking for a processor. I could be wrong though, my memory isn't always the greatest. The only one I was able to find was NC Poultry. There was another one in Fort Collins, but the owner never returned my calls.
he.gif
I guess he doesn't want any business!

Sonja

I had a friend who took her chickens to Simla this fall also; I'd give them a call again and see if they still do chickens.

Also, have you called the meat locker in Elizabeth? I don't know if they do chickens but they do beef.

After looking through my notes it was the Elizabeth processor that doesn't do chickens.

Thanks Sonja!
big_smile.png

I knew we'd talked about them before but haven't ever made that phone call myself.​

We just weren't real impressed with the way the birds turned out. Lots of feathers still on and I wanted to pick them up the same day so we could refrigerate them for a couple of days before freezing but they were unwilling to let us do that. And it's a long drive down there!

It was a 2 hour drive one way to Nunn to use Northern Colorado poultry, but we haven't had one bad bird yet. Bill did an awesome job. We ended up having to make the trip twice, once to drop them off and once to pick them up. It was a long haul, but I'd definitely use them again!

Cindy, I was diappointed that Elizabeh didn't do chickens because it was a shorter drive for me.

Sonja

Back
Top Bottom