Colorado

Rototilled the gargen yesterday....boy the hens love that turned dirt! Until I put the fence up & plant sugar peas & lettuce anyway
smile.png
Although they can still play in some till planting corn, potatoes, pumpkin & squashes fills it up. Today is sure looking good
smile.png

No snow this morning but it just turned rather misty and kinda foggy. Fun fun!

Worked in the yard today. Moved railroad ties to outline where we're planting the three-sisters (corn, beans, squash) this year. Sprinkled whole oats in there and let the chickens (and goats) go to town! Then I mucked out some of the goat pen and raked it to the area we plan on planting mammoth sunflowers (with cucumbers and melons).

Still ... lots lots lots more to do! Only have to memorial day to get it done!

BTW: We decided to have the chicken party at our house Saturday August 13 ... our black australorps will be 5 months old by then. We'll do about 10 that day. If anybody wants to do yours at our house on that day, please email me (don't p.m. ... it's almost full). We'll set up an area in the garage (probably ... with drop cloths). Will have more details as get closer and figure out precisely what we need and how to do it!

Because ... suddenly my autistic kid LOVES my chicken! I've had to make it twice in one week. He hasn't eaten chicken in months. Naturally, I'm kicking myself for not ordering meaties. Might still do that.

Okay, I gotta start cleaning out the freezer tomorrow! Will probably take me the next 5 months to eat everything in there to make room for lots of chickens plus our garden's harvest.

So I'm waiting to hear back from the NPIP lady, the initial email was quick just waiting for the phone call now. Has anyone here become NPIP certified? I just was wondering since I have 4 seperate pens (2 with chickens, 1 w/Turkeys and 1 w/ducks) do they all have to be checked out or only my breeding pen? Also how much does it cost?

Quote:
It cost me $12.00. She tested everyone except the young chicks. Throat swabs and blood tests. That was last year, which was my first year being tested.

I thought I'd throw this out to my BYC friends before I call an Electrical Handyman. I have an old shed separate from my coop where my brooders and breeder cages are, and I want to get the electrical upgraded. If anyone in the Denver/Arvada area is a licensed electrician and wants a few extra hours work in the evenings or weekends, please PM or email me. Thanx!!

Back
Top Bottom