Colorado

Beautiful eggs!

Mine are molting so I am down to maybe 3 a day on a good day.
sad.png

HOA's can be a real pain to deal with. I would agree with getting a copy of the bylaws and wonder why they were not provided PRIOR to the sale. For many people what is in the bylaws makes the decision about whether to buy in that neighborhood or not.
I am sure there are petitions and permissions one could attempt to get.

Personally I never could abide someone telling me (for a fee that I would be paying no less) what I can and cannot do on my property. I have seen some really snobbish things in bylaws and yes those did make the decision for me on whether I wanted to grace their neighborhood with my presence.
I completely agree! I'm by no means a fan of HOA's. Unfortunately in order to stay within close enough proximity to my daughter's school we had no choice but to go with an HOA community. Even then we are still 5 miles away from her school but went with it because we love the home and the large lot which doesn't come by easily around here. The fact the chickens came with the house was a huge bonus. We've wanted chickens for a long time. My mother in law has a chicken farm but lives too far away for us to reap the benefits of it. I'd rather move now but we literally just moved into this house only 4 months ago. - We are required to remove the chickens from our property within 30 days. Thankfully my mother in law will take them in and I'll do my best to overturn this rule, but I already know it'll be a long shot. :(

So
I completely agree! I'm by no means a fan of HOA's. Unfortunately in order to stay within close enough proximity to my daughter's school we had no choice but to go with an HOA community. Even then we are still 5 miles away from her school but went with it because we love the home and the large lot which doesn't come by easily around here. The fact the chickens came with the house was a huge bonus. We've wanted chickens for a long time. My mother in law has a chicken farm but lives too far away for us to reap the benefits of it. I'd rather move now but we literally just moved into this house only 4 months ago. - We are required to remove the chickens from our property within 30 days. Thankfully my mother in law will take them in and I'll do my best to overturn this rule, but I already know it'll be a long shot. :(

Somewhere in the ramblings of the covenance they should define livestock. Usually this is larger animals and does not include chickens. Livestock is a rather broad term. Livestock, i would think would have 4 hooves. If th covenance does not include a definition of livestock then run with the county definition. Good luck. I hope it works out.

I live in an HOA that day no livestock in the bylaws due to water conservation. Our family gets around this ludicrous rule because our kids use them in 4H and FFA. We also raise them for other kids in the same programs. We have rabbits, chickens and ducks. Because they are for educational purposes and we keep them on our 2 acres, so far no one has complained and we get away with it. We even had two goats summer before last and plan on doing that again next summer.

I live in an HOA that day no livestock in the bylaws due to water conservation. Our family gets around this ludicrous rule because our kids use them in 4H and FFA. We also raise them for other kids in the same programs. We have rabbits, chickens and ducks. Because they are for educational purposes and we keep them on our 2 acres, so far no one has complained and we get away with it. We even had two goats summer before last and plan on doing that again next summer.

Nice!

Hi. I'm from the city unfortunately but am just getting going and find this thread, so I thought I'd join. I'm into showing and participate in a lot of shows in Colorado.

Hi there,

I want to order some chicks from Ideal Poultry but the min order is $25. With just 6 chicks on my order, my total is $17 so I need someone to buy another $8 worth of poultry.

I already tried to just round up to $25 but no go. If someone here says they want some, I'll pay for them and you can reimburse me later when we give them to you. I live in Littleton by the way.

Back
Top Bottom