Colorado

Quote:
Yes! Although my crafting has been put temporarily on hold since I am currently in school
sad.png

Just thought I would say Hi. Not really a typical "backyard" chicken raiser - as we have close to 300 chickens, probably 50-70 turkeys (hard to keep count, they sleep in the trees!) and just started with ducks this year, only a dozen of them.

I am in Berthoud, CO - which is tucked in between Longmont and Loveland on the Front Range. I do enjoy the forum and have come here often when I have had issues. I am starting to do some of my own breeding, because I hate the idea of baby chicks packaged in a box! I would love to find more breeders in Colorado so that I can purchase baby chicks, turkeys and ducklings locally.

Yeah, we bought a farm in 2007, and we thought we'd try some chickens. 2 weeks after we moved in, my husband called to say he had ordered 100 chickens! I thought we might start with 12!!!

We've been raising chickens ever since. We raise meat birds and egg layers, as well as sheep. We tried cows 2 years ago, and might not try that again. And now we are trying ducks. I am addicted to being around animals, and just love them. My husband has told me to quit at 4 dogs (we had 7 at one point in time) but the chicken numbers just keep growing!!! Spring is the best time of year with lambs, baby chicks and ducklings. Fall is a little harder when we cull some of our roos, and finish off our meat birds and our turkeys for the winter. But there's always another spring full of chicks and lambs!

Quote:
Yes! Although my crafting has been put temporarily on hold since I am currently in school
sad.png

Was wondering because hubby is wanting to clean out shed and keeps wanting to throw them away. Let me know if you would still like them and I will tuck them in a corner.

Quote:
sad.png

Was wondering because hubby is wanting to clean out shed and keeps wanting to throw them away. Let me know if you would still like them and I will tuck them in a corner.

I DO I DO I DO!!!!! Things are crazy right now, and I won't be able to come get them for a bit but I do want them!

Back
Top Bottom