Colorado

January 19th is the day I am figuring. I candled on day 8, per the internet. LOL The one growing for sure will be a pure SS or SS/Leghorn cross. I am pretty confident the second is growing, but just can't be sure.

I was looking to get some RIR chicks anyway. Hopefully I will be able to find some close to the same age, and just run them together. Getting pretty excited!!

The link has expired but he has about 4 up there in various places.  How are your chickens doing?

He said he wanted free chickens and goats to sell at auction because he needs the money.
The flock in general is doing much better, thanks, coughing seems to be pretty much gone and everyone is more active. The two we quarantined with goopy swollen eyes were doing better before I left but my wife says now they seem to be regressing. I wish we could let them out in the sun a bit but we're worried about it spreading.

I received an incubator for Christmas, and decided to try a few eggs to figure out the whole process. Out of 4 eggs, I possibly have 2 growning. 1 for sure, and the second is a green egg that the light can't penetrate, but pretty sure I can see veins. I can't see the embryo. If it turns out I only get 1 chick, will it be ok by itself? The chickens are very social, and I didn't know if I am setting myself up for failure. Thank you in advance. :)
Cool! I hope you get at least 2!

At what day did you candle? I have a rule that I never candle until at least 2 weeks in and again right before hatch. Sometimes it's just too difficult to see even with a candler lamp. Maybe its just me because I tend to incubate dark eggs.

If you only get one chick, just don't put it out until its around the same size as the others but it should be ok. When's hatch day?

Lol he's at it still, at least he's being upfront about selling at auction: http://cosprings.craigslist.org/grq/3527914323.html
Have you tried using a red lightbulb? Doesn't seem to keep them awake a much while still providing the same amount of heat
Well, one thing for sure he is not a quitter! LOL Someone must have flagged him, ad is gone.......

Back
Top Bottom