Colorado

Hey now, we're in that area, and the only rituals involving animals that we perform include a fork and knife
wink.png
I did not mean you! lol
frow.gif

I don't think real Witches, Wiccans, or Pagans actually kill chickens in rituals, I think that's a Hollywood thing. I know lots of those people and lots of them are vegan!
I am not personally a witch, unless you ask my ex husband I suppose LOL, but I do think that is a bunch of Hollywood hooey.

I don't think real Witches, Wiccans, or Pagans actually kill chickens in rituals, I think that's a Hollywood thing. I know lots of those people and lots of them are vegan! 
I am not personally a witch, unless you ask my ex husband I suppose LOL, but I do think that is a bunch of Hollywood hooey. 

I agree, most of the people I have met who are involved in witchcraft are more likely to have a conversation with a plant that kill a chicken. I would be more suspicious of vaduan (probably misspelled the formal name but its the root of voodoo) or true satanic cults, which are thankfully few and far between. Or kids who think they are being witchy and starting a 'coven' to irritate their parents.

I think suncatcher means witch covens.
Yes, exactly. My neighbors north of Peyton had an out door alter, they actually told my daugther what it was. To me it looked more like a platform, but what do I know!

They claimed they were Pagan, but then their son told my oldest daugther they were into spells, etc. I had cats poisoned, and many just disappeared, same with my chickens, finally, I put a padlock on my chicken coop, never lost another chicken again.

If you can pick up the book, Cults That Kill, is written by police detectives, and what they witnessed happening in some cities. Gang members use Santarea (sp) often. The police would come across these plates with candles, blood and feathers next to railroad tracks. Supposedly they were making offerings to the "Iron God" next to the iron tracks, for protection and to keep them safe. You can't make this stuff up, I mean they were seeing it.

The book is out of print, but you may find a used copy.

I don't think Pagans do either.......

Yes, exactly.  My neighbors north of Peyton had an out door alter, they actually told my daugther what it was.  To me it looked more like a platform, but what do I know! 

They claimed they were Pagan, but then their son told my oldest daugther they were into spells, etc.  I had cats poisoned, and many just disappeared, same with my chickens, finally, I put a padlock on my chicken coop, never lost another chicken again. 

There are lots of religions that do spells and most would call themselves Pagans. Very old religions mostly but with very few modern followers. African and Eastern Europe / Middle Eastern roots I believe...

Anybody correct me if I am wrong. It's been a long time since college.

On a brighter note, has anyone heard of Sweetgrass Turkeys??? I came across them today, and apparently they are VERY old, date back to the 1600 or earlier? I wonder how they would do at our altitude???

Back
Top Bottom