Colorado

WEIRD dream last night. I was trying to build a chicken coop out of large pieces of cloth and 5-50 cord. And I had all 3 of my original girls that I kept trying to round up and keep from wandering down the street.
Wendell, I feel you on the the taxes. What really kills me is how much aid we are giving to foreign nations. Billions could be saved right there.
Cloth and cord. Too funny. That's what we call "Redneck Engineering"

Hi I'm new to the site and chickens. I'm Kellie I live in Fort Lupton Colorado. I haven't gotten any chicks yet. I've done quite a bit of reading. I'm hoping to purchase some chicks within the next few weeks, if I can find a place to purchase them that you don't have to wait for months. Maybe some of you from Co know. So I got a coop on Craigslist for free. It had to be taken apart to transport it. My step dad is going to help me put it back together. I think we can manage that part, he builds houses. I have to keep this all as cheep as possible. I don't know how many birds my coop will house. I thought maybe some of you could take a guess. I'm going to post some of the original pictures before we took it apart and moved it. I'm hoping it will house 9. Thank you in advance.
0[/IMG][/IMG]

LOL. I just found out that our Colorado Chickens .com site is now blocked while at work. Too funny.
Oh for heavens' sake, I wonder why? Arrgh. I just tried and it loaded here, and WM blocks a LOT - I have to acknowledge the employee use of the internet agreement every time I visit BYC for goodness' sake. It sees BYC as a "shopping" site.

Hi I'm new to the site and chickens. I'm Kellie I live in Fort Lupton Colorado. I haven't gotten any chicks yet. I've done quite a bit of reading. I'm hoping to purchase some chicks within the next few weeks, if I can find a place to purchase them that you don't have to wait for months. Maybe some of you from Co know. So I got a coop on Craigslist for free. It had to be taken apart to transport it. My step dad is going to help me put it back together. I think we can manage that part, he builds houses. I have to keep this all as cheep as possible. I don't know how many birds my coop will house. I thought maybe some of you could take a guess. I'm going to post some of the original pictures before we took it apart and moved it. I'm hoping it will house 9. Thank you in advance.
[/URL]0
Welcome! Do you know the dimensions of the coop?

0[/IMG][/IMG]

Welcome! I could help you out with chicks, I am about to receive my first set to hatch in early Feb; mostly olive Eggers and Marans. You can also order from a few different stores; Elizabeth Country Corner or there's another in Pueblo I think. I'm not sure where Ft Lupton is but the small feed stores will sometimes help out with smaller orders so you don't have to try and order 20 to get the 10 you wanted. Otherwise I am not sure who is hatching this early.

That's AWESOME that you got a free coop! What is the square footage? Average recommendation is 4 sq ft per bird plus good run space.

Back
Top Bottom