Colorado

So I talked it over with Beth, and she is game......

Mike the headless chicken day is already celebrated in Fruita, so we can't use that name....

but we can have:

Chicken Fest 2013,
sponsored by Windy Ridge Dominiques!
May 18th (tentative) at Windy Ridge Dominiques (weather permitting)

The purposes would include:
  • giving people a fun introduction to chickens
  • Socializing with fellow chicken owners and families
  • Sharing food and chicken themed recipes
  • etc.

Games and activities would include:
  • Chicken feed sack races
  • Dress like a chicken contest
  • Chicken trivia contest
  • Pin the head on the chicken game
  • Chicken related side dish contest

Contest and game winners will each receive a FREE American Dominique Chick, courtesy of Windy Ridge Dominiques!

Windy Ridge Dominiques will supply either chicken or turkey hot dogs and chicken nuggets, also water and punch.

Thoughts?

Mike the headless chicken day is already celebrated in Fruita, so we can't use that name....

but we can have:

Chicken Fest 2013,

• etc.

Games and activities would include:
  • Chicken trivia contest
  • Pin the head on the chicken game

Contest and game winners will each receive a FREE American Dominique Chick, courtesy of Windy Ridge Dominiques!

Windy Ridge Dominiques will supply either chicken or turkey hot dogs and chicken nuggets, also water and punch.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Well my thoughts are that I'll be leaving with a whole flock of doms by the time the contests are over :D

Does anyone know where I can locate Wyandotte Bantams near Berthoud (NOCO)? Thank you. (NewBie)
fl.gif

but we can have:

Chicken Fest 2013,

• etc.

Games and activities would include:
  • Chicken trivia contest
  • Pin the head on the chicken game

Thoughts?

Sounds like a blast! I will mark the calander and hopefully will be recovered enough from having Logan to come! My due date is May 4th.

DH is going to shake his head at going to a chicken party though. :lol:

Ideal is having a special on broiler chicks right now (ducks too, but they are definantly not for me). Any case, do you think I would have enough interest locally to sell them this early in the year? I have never worked with broilers before.

Sell them when? As chicks? People don't usually jump right into broilers because there is a "commitment" in a few weeks time. And you had better have a back up plan in case they don't sell. Maybe you could take preorders and be the drop off point. As an FYI, standard CX crosses don't do well at high elevation. (6000+ ?) I need slow growing meaties up here at 8600.

Sell them when?  As chicks?  People don't usually jump right into broilers because there is a "commitment" in a few weeks time.  And you had better have a back up plan in case they don't sell.  Maybe you could take preorders and be the drop off point.  As an FYI, standard CX crosses don't do well at high elevation. (6000+ ?)  I need slow growing meaties up here at 8600. 

The sale is on red and black broilers. And waiting for preorders wouldn't work as it is a one week special on tomorrow's hatch. :/

Back
Top Bottom