Colorado

Lost my old rooster this afternoon. He was fine this morning, but I found him just before "bed check". No blood, no sign of struggles, considering I adopted a young roo this past summer that turned out to be the spittin' image of him. They got along well. Still, kinda sad. At least it was a nice warm day for him to go to sleep.

hugs.gif
Never easy, huh? Must have been his time. How old was he?

I'm in Aurora, just joined the forum and ordered our coop this morning. It should be here next Friday and then a week after that is the urban homesteader's chicken swap so hopefully we can pick up some hens there. They had some last time so I'm hoping that there will be more there this time.

I'm in Aurora, just joined the forum and ordered our coop this morning. It should be here next Friday and then a week after that is the urban homesteader's chicken swap so hopefully we can pick up some hens there. They had some last time so I'm hoping that there will be more there this time.

welcome!

Auntie- :hugs

EKR- Welcome

Egg Update!

I candled a bit ago and found....... Drumroll please..........

Air sacs:
1 'wobbly' with significant movement (was a roller on day 3)
4 'loose' with movement on the edges
16 firmly attached/ very, very little movement
1 too dark to tell

Veining:
15 with defined veins
4 that I think have veins or have very light veining (2 darks that I think I saw veins in but can't be 100%)
3 with no visible veins ( I think 1 infertile and 2 are just too dark to tell)

:D :D :D :D

I just plugged in the turner.

Auntie-
hugs.gif

EKR- Welcome

Egg Update!

I candled a bit ago and found....... Drumroll please..........

Air sacs:
1 'wobbly' with significant movement (was a roller on day 3)
4 'loose' with movement on the edges
16 firmly attached/ very, very little movement
1 too dark to tell

Veining:
15 with defined veins
4 that I think have veins or have very light veining (2 darks that I think I saw veins in but can't be 100%)
3 with no visible veins ( I think 1 infertile and 2 are just too dark to tell)

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I just plugged in the turner.
very cool!

hugs.gif
Auntie! Hard to lose an oldie but goodie.
Welcome ekr1984 ! and any other newbies that I may have missed!
What are you all selling your eating eggs for these days? I am starting out at 3.75 doz. and I may go up.

The chickenfest sounds awesome. Off the topic of chickens, is there anyone here that has different color quail by chance, I'm looking for a few pairs of colors.

I am looking for jumbo quail myself. Fertile eggs or birds. Worried about getting eggs from some of the gamebird hatcheries due to our altitude. Please let me know what you find in the area or if you want to go in on an order. Wifezilla said she put her order in with a place in Elizabeth a few years ago. She got jumbo browns.
There is a person on CL northern CO selling quail.

Back
Top Bottom