Colorado

Hi Trochefarm - I may be able to help as I'm looking to expand my flock this spring but am not really sure I want to go through the work of a full chick setup and such. I also need about 4wks to build out a new/bigger coop so would be looking to expand around the time you're looking to re-home. I currently have 2 black australorps and a buff orpington that are coming up on a year old (started laying in September/October last fall). Thinking another 2-3 would be good this year and then we can think about another 2-3 next year if we want and still stay on the right side of the Denver regulations. No rush, just thought i'd post a response. Cheers!
Awesome! We should definitely follow up in a few weeks.
smile.png
Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any of the possible OE mixes now that are 3 to 5 weeks old? I am getting some started pullets on April 10th that can go outside. I would love to get a few OE that can go outside with them.
Oh! Has anyone heard anything about the Urch order? I have a fear that I will get a call that I need to pick up chicks and not have any warning. I guess I should just be ready at any minute. Is that what you all are doing who are waiting on that order too?
Still have not heard, and I just checked before I posted and he still hasn't cashed my check, which usually means it is not imminent. I will try to call him Monday and see when he thinks he will be able to ship.

This weekend snow is throwing off my run construction! My girls are getting cabin fever...LOL!
I know what you mean. My chicks seem to have cabin fever as well. With the snow last weekend and other storms it has been a struggle to get my coop and run finished. I am a bit nervous that the girls have yet to be outside. I am beginning to think that I am going to have a chicken HOUSE instead of a chicken coop!

Still have not heard, and I just checked before I posted and he still hasn't cashed my check, which usually means it is not imminent. I will try to call him Monday and see when he thinks he will be able to ship.
Thanks for the update. I actually hope they hold off a couple of weeks or so now. My mother had a stroke last Saturday and will be going into a nursing home for a while on Monday. So I running in 5 million directions right now. Are you still thinking of placing another Urch order later or not?

Originally Posted by Mtn Margie

"Well, the simple answer to your problem is, how many chickens will your coop hold comfortably? And six is better than four because RIR's can be dominate when adding new members to the flock. See, we are already helping!"
Chicken logic and chicken math, gotta love it ;)

I tried this logic on hubby. Apparently he has his own logic. "Well then we get rid of the two reds...."
hmm.png

It's ok. If I can't convince him to keep all of them, I'm more comfortable now that I can find a good home for a couple of them. There have been a few offers to take care of them.
smile.png

Thanks for the update. I actually hope they hold off a couple of weeks or so now. My mother had a stroke last Saturday and will be going into a nursing home for a while on Monday. So I running in 5 million directions right now. Are you still thinking of placing another Urch order later or not?
We are renovating our house, taking it down to the studs. We moved out last week and will be out for at least 5 month. I was hoping that we would have them before we moved so they would be settled. Now I am not sure what to do with them.

We are renovating our house, taking it down to the studs. We moved out last week and will be out for at least 5 month. I was hoping that we would have them before we moved so they would be settled. Now I am not sure what to do with them.

Once we know when they'll be here we will figure something out among us, I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom