Colorado

Noooo, I didn't take it that way. I was just trying to reassure you that everything was going to be fine because I've had such great hatch rates with the eggs here. =) I still think that by the time you wake up tomorrow, you'll have a whole bunch of fluffy butts.
It helped, my wife was convinced nothing was going to hatch. We've got six pipped now though!

It helped, my wife was convinced nothing was going to hatch. We've got six pipped now though!

Yay!!!! Now it can take hours and hours for them to hatch. Once again, don't get freaked if one or two never seem to want to finish. I have seen it take almost a day before from pip to hatch. Then others, go from pip to hatch in less than that.

I'm sure you'll be glad to know yours are leading the way
wink.png

My SIL just picked up 10 baby chicks (phoenix/EFs/marans cross), 2 roosters, and 4 of my older laying hens so I now have room for the new babies. =) She has tons of acreage for them to forage although she has to keep track of them somewhat because of coyotes. I was telling Pozees that my sil is a phoenix/yokohama person. She fell in love with the EFs because they remind her of her phoenixes/yokahamas. She doesn't care about egg color or meat production or really even if they lay tons of eggs... she loves them for their look and personalities. She calls of them her Nemos.

I'm an olive egg sort of person. I don't care about the look of the chicken but want the olive eggs. I blame my time in the marines where everything was drab olive. =) Since you really can't buy a dedicated olive egger chicken with complete certainty, that's part of what I have been trying to accomplish with my marans/EE mixes.

Anyways, I'm rambling. I'm just get so excited when I can give some hens away to people who will take care of them and love them. I had a man call me yesterday wanting to buy two hens but I couldn't sell them to him in good conscious. He wanted to keep them in a cage with a tarp over them until he could build something later. I was very nice to him and told him that mine won't do well in confinement but I can check around. I suspect he's just going to go to the auction on Monday. He seemed like a nice old man but I've raised these from babies and they deserve a nice home. If they are roosters and mean, I really don't care much what happens to them or if they are mean hens...but my sweet hens I do care.

I would like to see different breeds of chickens, is there some type of show or a good place to check out chickens here in Colorado? I just started keeping chickens so I would like to learn more about them.

Back
Top Bottom