Colorado

Once again, I will reiterate the fact that I will never move back to that hell hole! The house that I bought in HR was the second biggest mistake of my life. I had the worst neighbors I have ever had to deal with. It all started with my company truck. It was a brand new 2008 Ford F250 diesel. I backed it into the driveway every night after work. Within the first week I had complaints taped to my door and mailed to me. Trucks with company logos need to be completely concealed within the garage or not brought home from work. Well, that's a catch 22 considering they don't build a **** garage big enough for anything other than a small car. This went on to the point of fines, lawyers, liens, and legal fees. Finally, I decided to purchase large white magnets to cover my company logo. But the covenant enforcement department didn't stop! Next, it was a beautiful fall morning, I rolled the trash cans out and headed to work. At work I was called to an emergency at a project in KS. I took my overnight bag and started driving east. I returned to HR after two days to find notes taped to my trash cans and front door. I had been fined by the HOA for not removing my trashcans from the curb within 24 hours of my designated trash day. In the two years that I lived there I also dealt with grass being taller than the designated "specs", snow on the sidewalk, weeds in the rocks, a company trailer out front for more than 24 hours, and the house needing painted (It was a 5 year old house that was supposedly due for it's 7 year painting). I know most of you are probably thinking "geez, I'm glad I don't live next to this guy". But I'm telling you, I am not a bad neighbor. The infractions were written with the grass being 1/2 inch too tall, snow not being removed minutes after it stopped, and other ridiculous assessments. I absolutely hate HR with a burning desire.
We dealt with this nonsense in Arvada and there weren't any HOAs. We're not bad neighbors either. The CEO told us there was a woman in the neighborhood who called in no less than 30 complaints a month on folks in our area. Now to me that's harassment. She was complaining about EVERYTHING. The people behind us put up a really nice picket fence. Someone complained that the pickets weren't spaced enough. They were off by something like 1/4 of an inch or something. The complainer had to have come onto their property and measured. They had to redo the whole thing. Trash cans, cars parked in the driveway, kids playing catch, etc. I couldn't imagine living in one of the HOA run developments..

We are heading to the Denver swap with numerous roos this Saturday. Beautiful boys (mutts) but they're too randy and my girls are paying the price.

Is the Greeley swap at JT Feeds? I think that's what it's called.

Once again, I will reiterate the fact that I will never move back to that hell hole! The house that I bought in HR was the second biggest mistake of my life. I had the worst neighbors I have ever had to deal with. It all started with my company truck. It was a brand new 2008 Ford F250 diesel. I backed it into the driveway every night after work. Within the first week I had complaints taped to my door and mailed to me. Trucks with company logos need to be completely concealed within the garage or not brought home from work. Well, that's a catch 22 considering they don't build a **** garage big enough for anything other than a small car. This went on to the point of fines, lawyers, liens, and legal fees. Finally, I decided to purchase large white magnets to cover my company logo. But the covenant enforcement department didn't stop! Next, it was a beautiful fall morning, I rolled the trash cans out and headed to work. At work I was called to an emergency at a project in KS. I took my overnight bag and started driving east. I returned to HR after two days to find notes taped to my trash cans and front door. I had been fined by the HOA for not removing my trashcans from the curb within 24 hours of my designated trash day. In the two years that I lived there I also dealt with grass being taller than the designated "specs", snow on the sidewalk, weeds in the rocks, a company trailer out front for more than 24 hours, and the house needing painted (It was a 5 year old house that was supposedly due for it's 7 year painting). I know most of you are probably thinking "geez, I'm glad I don't live next to this guy". But I'm telling you, I am not a bad neighbor. The infractions were written with the grass being 1/2 inch too tall, snow not being removed minutes after it stopped, and other ridiculous assessments. I absolutely hate HR with a burning desire.

We had similar problems in Thornton with our HOA. We moved to Denver for the chickens and found out more about our new neighbors in two days than we EVER knew about our Thornton neighbors in 4 years! We've helped them, they've helped us... it's almost like we're a COMMUNITY!!! or something anyways....
hu.gif

We had similar problems in Thornton with our HOA. We moved to Denver for the chickens and found out more about our new neighbors in two days than we EVER knew about our Thornton neighbors in 4 years! We've helped them, they've helped us... it's almost like we're a COMMUNITY!!! or something anyways....
hu.gif

A "community"....what's that? You mean back in the olden days when people knew their neighbors by name, looked out for each other, left their doors unlocked, helped those that were struggling, and genuinely cared about each other?

We are heading to the Denver swap with numerous roos this Saturday. Beautiful boys (mutts) but they're too randy and my girls are paying the price.

Is the Greeley swap at JT Feeds? I think that's what it's called.
Hay Coloradochick, where is the Denver swap?

Hello all, I call upon all the great Coloradians of BYC. Our local Murdocks excessively ordered chicks this year and they are not selling. I just stopped by there this am and they got in another 300+ ducks, geese and chick to ADD to the nearly 500 to 600 chicks that are nearly feathered out. They are going for $1.00. Alot of the birds have been mixed up due to flying so I cannot say all the breeds. But all are pullets and a few L??? Rogue meat birds. I already have 109 in my shed. I feel compelled to help (I do not work for Murdocks). I know of 50 BR, there are 25 new Hamps, 25+ gold sex link, some white egg layers, and then a bunch mixed. I am willing to get them but I cannot keep that many. I will pass on the sale price to anyone who would like a great deal. The Murdocks is in Craig, CO. Come and get them if you want to take the drive or I know for sure I will be in the Denver, north denver area the 9th, 10th and then at the Paultry auction in Greeley on the 11th. Let me know asap if anyone is interested!!! These birds really need a home.

Our local feed store started having trouble selling chicks and I think it is because the price of feed is so high and then after a couple of years, most people are stuck with animals to feed and not that many eggs for the cost of the feed and now they do not know what to do. The cost of the chicks is nothing compared to the rest of it. Some of us on here process our extra birds but most just can't do that and so you should figure out how to make a cost effective cycle for people and then they will buy more birds. That would be the overall solution and Murdoch's should be willing to help considering the money they can make selling chicks. Community bulk feed purchases help lower that cost. It won't help in the short term, but I really think that is what is going on.
What do others think???

Our local feed store started having trouble selling chicks and I think it is because the price of feed is so high and then after a couple of years, most people are stuck with animals to feed and not that many eggs for the cost of the feed and now they do not know what to do. The cost of the chicks is nothing compared to the rest of it. Some of us on here process our extra birds but most just can't do that and so you should figure out how to make a cost effective cycle for people and then they will buy more birds. That would be the overall solution and Murdoch's should be willing to help considering the money they can make selling chicks. Community bulk feed purchases help lower that cost. It won't help in the short term, but I really think that is what is going on.
What do others think???

Would a culling and processing class at the chicken swaps be too barbaric? Haha

I feel for you. Glad you have escaped the bane of modern civilization!

x2

What do others think???

I have another bulk feed purchase for the end of next month. I'm hoping to have enough saved for 2T this time. I still have about 10 bags left over from last buy. It's 20% at 14.25 each.

What I don't understand is why the stores themselves don't buy the feed in bulk and then mark it up 15% to sell.

Speaking of a processing class: I'd love to have someone walk through the fodder process.

The first Saturday of June will be the first swap in this area at the Colorado Springs Masonic Center. I plan on handing out fliers at Chickenfest. We will ask for a donation for our young men's youth group. I hope to have some chicken feed there for $15 a bag unless you tell me you are BYC. Then you just tell me your name. =)

Back
Top Bottom