Colorado

Nice coop! I wish I could have one that big! Imagine how many chickens it could hold...
gig.gif
I would be in serious trouble!

I buy all my organic grain at Golden Organics is in Arvada prices are ok I guess.I ma gonna check the one in Black forest to compare prices.So far GO has been great with me I call and by next day they have the order ready to go.
Fish meal and kelp I got from Kiowa corner and Big R in Elizabeth.I am not using fish meal anymore now I just give them cray fish, dubia roaches and meal worms that I grow for them.
The yeast I get it at grocery store is only a bit you need.

Thank you so much! I will check out golden organics.
Do you or anyone else know is the kelp, crab & fish meal you can purchase for your gardening the same as you would feed your chickens?

Just catching up (working WAY too many hours lately) and had some thoughts:

1.) Newbies - I am a newbie. I know that I have felt "dissed" in several forums because I had a question or comment and it seemed everyone on that forum was so wrapped up in the already ongoing stories that no one replied or it was a quick "welcome aboard" but not an answer to my question. Just my 2 cents worth.

2.) Ducks - they need to be able to keep their feet wet most of the time to prevent bumblefoot or at least have a very soft surface (super tough in Colorado) and they have to have water deep enough to put their entire head in it. They get eye problems if their eyes don't get submerged on a regular basis.

3.) Broody hens - anyone who is "done" with chicks for the season is making me cry, my one and only broody hen never gets serious about it until July...

4.) Goats - they are great fun but the intact males do have an odor, and life is much easier if they don't have horns. They can turn a bramble patch into a beautiful lawn - even the pigmy goats (and many of those produce great cashmere, or is it mohair/angora, can't remember which one is the soft undercoat).

5.) krcchickens - that sounds just like my flock!

6.) Please tell me the potential hoarder guy is not in Aurora!

Okay, I'm done :)

Figure I would at least say hi, I am not on often enough to always catch the new people, and sometimes I save that for my last post and forget.
he.gif
So hello to all the new people I have missed as well.

If I see your questions I will answer if I can, and if I can't someone almost always catches questions on this site. I have see one or two that didn't get caught until a few pages had passed but look and there should be an answer. People are good about that around here.

Figure I would at least say hi, I am not on often enough to always catch the new people, and sometimes I save that for my last post and forget.
he.gif
So hello to all the new people I have missed as well.

If I see your questions I will answer if I can, and if I can't someone almost always catches questions on this site. I have see one or two that didn't get caught until a few pages had passed but look and there should be an answer. People are good about that around here.
BTW, how's the home search going? Your chickens are fine, and laying pretty well. Always at least two eggs, one or twice a week we get three in a day.

That's one of the reasons i asked the newer folks to introduce them selves and tell us about their flocks. It gets a little sticky in situations like this. So far, he hasn't posted anything offensive or blatantly false on the FB Colorado Chickens group. I say sit back and see what develops. If something is posted that causes concern, we will deal with it. Pozees and I are the FB Colorado chickens admins. please send us PMs or messages via FB regarding this if there are concerns.

Edited:
As an addendum, I have sent Mr Abbots a message on FB advising him to be up front and open about his intensions regarding 'adopted" chickens via the Colorado Chickens FB group.
No response from Mr. Abbots on the FB message.....

Like the label you chose, also would look very professional with a tote and T with your farm name on them!!!

Those Bronze will need those bigger legs and feet when they are full grown!!!!

Lots and lots of rain clouds building up, they started early this morning. Hope everyone gets rain today!!!!

Back
Top Bottom