Colorado

Why are you all so far away from Franktown? Not to sound like a Dire Straits song
tongue.png
It seems like everybody is from the 'Springs'. Am I missing something?

LOL. but we're all from Colorado....

I have friends from the Springs that think I live in outer darkness.......... And though my address is Fountain, I'm not actually in Fountain. We still love you man!

Hi Everyone!
We just got 9 gals on Saturday, and couldn't be more excited!! We are in Co Springs. I woke up today and had the best morning because I found that our Ameracaunas laid 2 eggs! First eggs in their new home! We have 3 Ameracaunas, and 6 Buff Orpingtons.
Anyways, I just wanted to say Hi to our fellow Colorado peeps ;)
Welcome and congrats on your new chicks and eggs! How wonderful!

Hi Everyone,
I have a quick question. My 17-week-old RIR pullet seems to have lost all her tail feathers over the past two weeks. There is no exposed/red skin, she is eating normally, she's bright eyed and energetic (just not bushy-tailed anymore). Could she be molting already? I'm pretty sure my girls are parasite free. There are no visible mites or lice. She's top hen, so I don't think anyone is pulling out her tail feathers (unless the dog grows opposable thumbs while we're at work). My girls aren't laying yet and I didn't expect a molt until fall.

Should I be concerned?

If you go to the Secretary of State's website you should find the information you need there. I paid $50 to organize, right before the great deal came along, but oh well. I don't know if it's still $1 or not, but even $50 isn't bad. If you don't find it let me know, I'll see if I still have a link lingering about on my computer.
It's been a while since I incorporated, but I do recall there are other costs. You need a federal tax ID, for one. You also have to buy an ad in the newspaper posting the formation. I was lazy and paid to have it all done :p

Sad day over here. One of the 2 EE chicks that I kept for myself developed cross beak early on. I was going to let her live and be a part of my flock anyway as I don't care much about pure looks especially since she has flat beautiful feather color coming in but her beak has gone from workable imperfection to SEVERE. She is only 2 weeks old and the bases barely line up, there is maybe 1/4 overlap left. If were to keep letting this go I am sure her two halves wouldn't even be touching in another two weeks. Poor baby... I am going to be culling her later today. Just need to get the soda stream set up.

Sad day over here. One of the 2 EE chicks that I kept for myself developed cross beak early on. I was going to let her live and be a part of my flock anyway as I don't care much about pure looks especially since she has flat beautiful feather color coming in but her beak has gone from workable imperfection to SEVERE. She is only 2 weeks old and the bases barely line up, there is maybe 1/4 overlap left. If were to keep letting this go I am sure her two halves wouldn't even be touching in another two weeks. Poor baby... I am going to be culling her later today. Just need to get the soda stream set up.
I am so sorry. Poor chick.
sad.png

Oh I am so sorry, big hugs... I am sure you gave her a beautiful life so far.

Well I'm not a happy camper......

The good news is two of my girls have started to lay...the bad news is, someone in the flock of 6 is an egg eater
somad.gif

I don't know what to do about it, if there is anything I can do about it. I've looked to see who has "egg on their beak" but to no avail.

I'm hoping this is a phase and whoever is just needing more calcium. I have a couple of problems with the oyster shell, one is my younger girls can't have it yet because they're too young; the other problem is my big girls (that have started to lay) won't eat it.

Any suggestions, anyone?
hu.gif

I'm really bummed.....
I haven't had to deal with one that breaks/eats good eggs, only a few that will eat them if they get broken somehow.
For calcium, have you tried giving them back their eggshells? I let mine dry for a day or two, crush them up (or let the kids do it) and add them to the oyster shell bowl. I am able to spread my bag of oyster shells a little further that way too

Back
Top Bottom