Colorado

Thanks for the laugh! I just got a kick out of it!

Hey, how big are these goats going to get? I can probably come up with a spot for them. PM me if you still need a place for them please. Sorry your neighbors are being such ______! ( fill in the blank with whatever plural noun suits your fancy) Hugs and there will be light at the end of this Twilight episode I am sure.

Thanks for the laugh! I just got a kick out of it!

I have lived in a bad neighborhood, parents telling there kids to jump behind my parents car as they backed out so they could charge them with child endangerment and that was just Mondays. I have learned to get creative, so if you ever need that creativeness let me know.
tongue2.gif

Hey folks!
I am in Elizabeth, CO and am trying to re-home 5 males ducks. They are friends, not food! We would like to keep them together, but will separate them if they are going to a home with other ducks. They are 6 months old and hatched in Kiowa. They have been raised together since about 3 days after hatching. They are pets and we would love to keep them, however, they overpower our 3 females.
We have 1 Pekin, 2 Harlequin, 1 Cayuga, 1 Acona.
Thanks!
Feel free to message me, post here, post advice, or text me 303.968.8184

Hello. I just joined BYC and I'm interested to know if anyone knows of an individual or farm in CO that raises Ancona ducks. Thanks in advance for any help.

Bummer!!
I thought you were going to say Chickens as I started to read through your comment.
And yes on Chickens but no on Ducks.
I am in Fountain CO.
Welcome to the Forum.
Hope to see more from you in the future.
Michael

Hey folks!
I am in Elizabeth, CO and am trying to re-home 5 males ducks. They are friends, not food! We would like to keep them together, but will separate them if they are going to a home with other ducks. They are 6 months old and hatched in Kiowa. They have been raised together since about 3 days after hatching. They are pets and we would love to keep them, however, they overpower our 3 females.
We have 1 Pekin, 2 Harlequin, 1 Cayuga, 1 Acona.
Thanks!
Feel free to message me, post here, post advice, or text me 303.968.8184

Hello. I just joined BYC and I'm interested to know if anyone knows of an individual or farm in CO that raises Ancona ducks. Thanks in advance for any help.

You two should talk, and you will have one moved to a new home. Welcome to BYC!

Welcome to all the new folks.

I haven't been as active on BYC as in the past, lots going on.

Here's a Beth update. She has started Palliative care, which is basically treating symptoms and making her comfortable. And, as of yesterday evening, she and Hannah are being treated for pink eye. Great.

All of our boarded chickens are gone now. Feed consupmtion has dropped by nearly half. We are looking forward to processing day, on Nov 9th. I bought a large galvanized tub that we will be using to scald the turkeys. I haven't weighed them recently, but I am guessing that they are over 45 lbs each for the BBB, and the one Narragansett is about 25 pounds. The BBB should dress out at about 30-35 pounds each. We will also be processing 5-7 cockerels, depending on a sale of one or two of them. We are only planning on selling one of them, the others will go into the freezer.

When the processing is finished, we will have 21 chickens 5 EE and 16 Doms, 11 hens and 2 pullets) and a pair of Narragansett turkeys. These will be our winter flock. If all goes according to plan (and when did that ever happen...) we will be getting a cabinet incubator in the spring to hatchout lots and lots of chicks. That's the plan anyway.......

:p :p :p

The two pullets are laying nearly every day while the hens finish up their molt. The hen house looks like someone broke open a gray feather mattress inside.....

Back
Top Bottom