Colorado

Candled the eggs today. It's only day 3 but we noticed a crack in one so I wanted to make sure there weren't other cracks.
We found 2 eggs with cracks in Suncatchers eggs, we put some fingernail polish over them. I can't see any development in them but we left them in there. In the rest of hers we saw 4 with definite development, 1 possible blood ring (hard to tell at this stage) and 5 that we can't tell anything (2 are too dark and the others might be clear).
For Pozees eggs there were 8 with definite development, 3 possible blood rings, and 4 that are possible clear.
Of course we left them all in there for now and will candle again on day 7.
I'm happy with the temp and humidity though so I feel like they have the best chance I can give them. :)

Sounds as if things are coming along well!

Cool! can't wait to see what you get! When are you expecting the hatch?

I expecting the eggs in the incubator on or around the 7th. The quail on or around the 11th and the chicken eggs under the silkie on or around the 14th. That should be a busy week. If the quail eggs hatch under her. I will need to remove those chicks and bring them into the brooder, or take the chicken eggs out from under her and place them in the incubator for lockdown.
Congrats on the 10 that hatched. Hatch rates should increase as the spring continues. Time will tell.

With all the eggs going into the incubators lately. We are going to have our own hatch-a-long right here in Colorado. It sure is nice seeing all the hatching posts. Good luck everyone. Is anyone going to be setting eggs for the Easter hatch-a-long?

I expect the eggs in the incubator to hatch on or around the 7th. The quail on or around the 11th and the chicken eggs under the silkie on or around the 14th. That should be a busy week. If the quail eggs hatch under her. I will need to remove those chicks and bring them into the brooder, or take the chicken eggs out from under her and place them in the incubator for lockdown.
Congrats on the 10 that hatched. Hatch rates should increase as the spring continues. either way. I can probably let her raise them all if she can. It sure would be funny watching her run around with a few quail chicks running behind. I am in the process of building another coop just for silkies. I hope to have it done in time for the hatch. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom