Colorado

I am thinking that my leghorn roo needs a perscription for the little blue pill. Lol. It is early season however. He does have his favorites. I may need to put him in a breeding pen with the girls that i want fertile for a while.

I put each of my breeding roosters with 4 hens, each with their own pen......next to each other....They are in effect, still competing with each other, so they are mating with their own hens each at least once a day.

In lock down since yesterday
fl.gif
candling looks like maybe 3 out of 18 possible. Should know for sure by Saturday night!

Are still using your roo? Or are these shipped eggs. Hope you end up with a couple of extra hatchlings this time!!! Hard to keep track of everyones hatchings, I need a flow chart! lol

That's funny. we need a page everyone can put their incubating info and updates so we can all keep track! lol

We lost 4 of the chicks from Wed. I ordered EE replacements for them. It's supposed to be a high of 36 tomorrow and we're supposed to go to the swap to sell some of these chicks so we can get down to one brooder again (at least until eggs hatch). brr!

We are planning on going to see Temple Grandin too. :)

It is snowing here like crazy and with the dreaded "upslope" feel to it. No chicks for me........
barnie.gif

Mtn Margie, I'm in the same boat. Lots of snow/ice in the chicken run and snowing again. My breeder pen is buried under a huge ice drift. No chicks for a long while. I love the mountains, but there are trade offs, like no spring until June!

Mtn Margie, I'm in the same boat.  Lots of snow/ice in the chicken run and snowing again.  My breeder pen is buried under a huge ice drift.  No chicks for a long while.  I love the mountains, but there are trade offs, like no spring until June!

Just foggy and colder here.Tomorrow its supposed to be colder as well, but should warm up next week.

Snowing here too. I went to the swap for 30 min and sold a partridge rock and SLW chick. Then the snow really started coming down so I left. Guess these guys will have to wait until next month.

We have decided to sell the following so far: Ancona, Partridge Cochins, Silver Spangled Hamburg, bantam frizzle cochins, and something else that I can't think of right now.

I'm going to candle the eggs in a minute to see where we are at with those.

Wind picked up this morning here, from the south, then a few really wet snow flakes, now nothing, and wind has shifted, now coming from the North West...... Crazy weather!

Looking forward to what is still viable when you candle Jenifer! Are any of your Frizzles getting curling feathers?

It surprises me that more people here in Colorado don;t know who Temple Grandin is, but I gues not everyone is into agriculture. She is just an amazing young woman with a beautiful gift of insight.

Back
Top Bottom