Colorado

Sheesh! I'm on the road for two years and you guys go and post over 10,000 posts while I'm gone! Let's see if I can get caught up in the couple days off
I have while my truck is being fixed!

Oh yeah - Hi everybody!

Sheesh! I'm on the road for two years and you guys go and post over 10,000 posts while I'm gone! Let's see if I can get caught up in the couple days off

Oh yeah - Hi everybody!
Welcome back!

Newbie just checking in...i'm in Arvada. Any one else near me? I'm just getting my yard ready for our coop and then i'll have my chickens later in the year.
Howdy!
welcome-byc.gif

Oh yeah - Hi everybody!
frow.gif
Haven't met you yet! Welcome back!
Newbie just checking in...i'm in Arvada. Any one else near me? I'm just getting my yard ready for our coop and then i'll have my chickens later in the year.
welcome-byc.gif
Hello! Welcome to the addicting world of chickens!

How windy is for everybody today? I nearly lost my back fence today due to a rotten fence post. I tied it off to my kids' swingset and I'm hoping that the wind either stops or just keeps coming from the north. If it comes from the south, I'm going to lose it.
hide.gif
Off to Lowes to buy some lumber. Ugh!

At least the chickens had the good sense to stay inside and lay lots of eggs today. Yesterday I got one from the six girls and today I got five.

How windy is for everybody today? I nearly lost my back fence today due to a rotten fence post. I tied it off to my kids' swingset and I'm hoping that the wind either stops or just keeps coming from the north. If it comes from the south, I'm going to lose it.
hide.gif
Off to Lowes to buy some lumber. Ugh!

At least the chickens had the good sense to stay inside and lay lots of eggs today. Yesterday I got one from the six girls and today I got five.
I got wind yesterday. It was horrible. Anything that wasn't secured to the ground and light enough, blew down the street. My little decorative bird feeder was torn off and one of the little houses on it fell off.. So today, I get to super glue it back on and figure out how to connect the chains on it again. So far today, the air has been CALM. I hope it stays that way!!

Yesterday was windy too but not as bad as today and much warmer. Spent about an hour playing catch with my daughter while the chickens looked on probably wondering what their humans were up to.

We are having 20+mph winds today. The chickens are lucky and they are on the protected side of the house so they are out scratching around as usual. Barely a ruffled feather.

Chick update - 4 days old and still going strong. Only one case of pasty butt. I've seen all of them eat and drink on their own. They are all running around fine though they spend most of their time under the brinsea.

Back
Top Bottom