Colorado

Excellent news Wendell and Wendy!

Have the Bantam Surprise and my own eggs hatching like crazy - 21 in the brooder, 17 in the other hatcher, one of my RIR eggs is pipped so don't want to take the hatchlings out of the second hatcher until it finishes. The 6 eggs still in the first hatcher (removed 3) are alive but not pipped, will give them at least overnight. I had to fire up the last incubator as a hatcher since I had eggs ready to move tonight. The Domineggers were among them. 4 clears, 4 quitters, the rest are in the hatcher along with some White Leghorns, Naked Necks, my own eggs, and some mixes from a keeper in CA.

I am still waiting for my Ameraucanas which at this point I presume are dead. Too freaking sad for words. Wish I had the means to do a startup business to ship eggs, chicks and adult birds. I am just sickened by the USPS at this point.

Excellent news Wendell and Wendy!

Have the Bantam Surprise and my own eggs hatching like crazy - 21 in the brooder, 17 in the other hatcher, one of my RIR eggs is pipped so don't want to take the hatchlings out of the second hatcher until it finishes. The 6 eggs still in the first hatcher (removed 3) are alive but not pipped, will give them at least overnight. I had to fire up the last incubator as a hatcher since I had eggs ready to move tonight. The Domineggers were among them. 4 clears, 4 quitters, the rest are in the hatcher along with some White Leghorns, Naked Necks, my own eggs, and some mixes from a keeper in CA.

I am still waiting for my Ameraucanas which at this point I presume are dead. Too freaking sad for words. Wish I had the means to do a startup business to ship eggs, chicks and adult birds. I am just sickened by the USPS at this point.

That would be awesome to have a way to ship without dealing with USPS!
Where did you get the Naked Neck eggs? When we get our land I want to raise those as a sustainable meat flock.

That would be awesome to have a way to ship without dealing with USPS!
Where did you get the Naked Neck eggs? When we get our land I want to raise those as a sustainable meat flock.

Believe it or not, from an eBay seller along with White Leghorns, Anconas (which did not develop, but he contacted me a week after I got the eggs and told me his hadn't developed and offered me a refund if mine didn't), Barred Rocks, and something marked LB I just emailed him to ask what they were, because they both developed - I think for shipped eggs his developed well except the clear Anconas.

So as of this morning, we have 3 hatched chicks. One is yellow and the other 2 are black, I will post pics when I get home and hopefully have more pips or chicks to share as well.
love.gif

Congrats on everyones hatchlings!! Guess spring has sprung, and those roosters and hens are getting it together. :D

With summer coming up, and folks traveling more for summer vacation, maybe an egg train would work in some areas??? Just keep passing them along til they get to their destination.

Has anyone ever used UPS? Hope your Am's arrive safe, you just never know, they could have been taken care of by someone along the way......

I have nothing bad to say about E-bay, I have had some very nice eggs from there, but you have to watch the feedback closely, those with poor feedback I don't even bother bidding on. On here is a little harder to get the real story............................

Believe it or not, from an eBay seller along with White Leghorns, Anconas (which did not develop, but he contacted me a week after I got the eggs and told me his hadn't developed and offered me a refund if mine didn't), Barred Rocks, and something marked LB I just emailed him to ask what they were, because they both developed - I think for shipped eggs his developed well except the clear Anconas.

Are you going to keep them? I would love to get eggs from you eventually.

Hey Guys, I think I need a hug.
I just bought a large wire crate off craigslist for my new chicks, to move them around easier. The ad said that they were selling all their chicken stuff for meat birds because their kids had grown out of 4-H.

I got the cage and asked if they had any killing cones. That's reasonable right? The guys said no, they never had any killing cones. I asked how they killed them. He said...and I quote, " we just used big rocks".

I almost fell over. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
OMG. How do I erase this from my minds eye?

Hey Guys, I think I need a hug.
I just bought a large wire crate off craigslist for my new chicks, to move them around easier. The ad said that they were selling all their chicken stuff for meat birds because their kids had grown out of 4-H.

I got the cage and asked if they had any killing cones. That's reasonable right? The guys said no, they never had any killing cones. I asked how they killed them. He said...and I quote, " we just used big rocks".

I almost fell over. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
OMG. How do I erase this from my minds eye?

Ugh. OMG. You do need a hug.
hugs.gif
Sorry. Some people just should not be allowed to have living things.

Back
Top Bottom