Colorado

Up your way I'm not sure who has them, but I would guess you will hear before the weekend is out
smile.png
I think you're correct. Checked Murdock's & they have a delivery of aricaunas monday morning, so I have options. I'd really like to get EE's or SBEL's though!

So, updated report, and had 6 successful hatches of EE's, one half zipped, I had to go and open it and it was already dead, but noticed the beak was crooked, so it was probly for the best. 5 chick's are black, 1 is blonde with a brown stripe. I don't see any more pips, so I don't think anymore will hatch. Kind of a bummer from 17 eggs, so I'll be cracking them open in a couple days to see what happened. And a surprise, one is feather legged, so.... Maybe not an EE?

I candled the 35 eggs that are in the incubator this evening. I pulled out 5 of mine due to being duds and two from wendle due to blood rings. One from pen 3 and one from pen 4. I also have the three goos eggs candled. Two are developing and one is a maybe at this point. I put three cochin eggs in there that should hatch with the goose eggs when they hatch. I will candle again before lockdown and make sure all is well. It is looking good so far.

Made the test run with my new incubator, a Genesis 1588. I set 44 eggs. They started hatching this afternoon. I went to bed this morning at midnight with 19 hatched and many more pipped and unzipping and awoke at 3 to the sound of silence. I went and checked on them and they were all cooked. Dead. Every last one of them. The incubator thermometer read 67 degrees. I removed the chicks, when I replaced the lid, it read 105.
Counting the dead and pips, I would have had 39/44 hatch. I'm devastated. A part of me is afraid to exchange it for another one out of fear that I might get another defective unit from the same lot. :-( It seems like this defect is not entirely uncommon. Anybody have any advice?

Made the test run with my new incubator, a Genesis 1588. I set 44 eggs. They started hatching this afternoon. I went to bed this morning at midnight with 19 hatched and many more pipped and unzipping and awoke at 3 to the sound of silence. I went and checked on them and they were all cooked. Dead. Every last one of them. The incubator thermometer read 67 degrees. I removed the chicks, when I replaced the lid, it read 105.
Counting the dead and pips, I would have had 39/44 hatch. I'm devastated. A part of me is afraid to exchange it for another one out of fear that I might get another defective unit from the same lot. :-( It seems like this defect is not entirely uncommon. Anybody have any advice?

OMG that is awful!!! I am so sorry! I had been led to believe all the defective ones were off the shelves already, I would contact GQF immediately and tell them what happened and try to get them to send you a whole new lid. I know sometimes they make you send it back to them and they replace the controller, but it's March and everyone is hatching right now, and they just cost you an entire hatch. Gawd, how terrible.

OMG that is awful!!! I am so sorry! I had been led to believe all the defective ones were off the shelves already, I would contact GQF immediately and tell them what happened and try to get them to send you a whole new lid. I know sometimes they make you send it back to them and they replace the controller, but it's March and everyone is hatching right now, and they just cost you an entire hatch. Gawd, how terrible.

x2 So very sorry Euarto.

Back
Top Bottom