Colorado

I will see if I can find who did my septic tank and engineered leach field in Peyton, can't recall off hand.......

It's kind of funny, but here in my neighborhood, three people have recommended the same guy....who happens to have a three month back log. We actually may end up staying in temp lodging on base, if we can't find anyone else. He gave me three names, and I'm going to see if one of them have a slot open.

Just one "click" then nothing sounds like a dead battery... Easy way to check, swap the jeep battery to the car and see if it starts... Sorry to hear about the hail damage.
Battery and starter are both good. Battery has 12.56v. Tried jumping it and same problem. All electronics in the car work. Thinking it's either a corroded connection or bad crankshaft position sensor.

Battery and starter are both good. Battery has 12.56v. Tried jumping it and same problem. All electronics in the car work. Thinking it's either a corroded connection or bad crankshaft position sensor.
Took the starter out last night and took it to O'Reilly's just to make sure it was good. They tested and said it was fine. DH put it back in this morning and the car started right up. :)

Co
I just couldn't wait....:oops:      I know I said June 1st but I put my tomatoes out in their summer home today.  What can I say?  Oh, right, I became a Grandma on Thursday for the first time so all rules/ bets are off.  Now I have a Grand excuse for everything I do not quite ordinary!
:weee

Congratulations!!!! Our daughter was my husbands parents' first and only grandchild and they spoil her rotten! So start spoiling!

Back with almost the last update on my meaties. Of the 32 I received from the hatchery, 2 died within days, one was limping when I locked them in and dead the next morning, 2 more wheezing at night and dead in the morning. Ended up processing 26. Results were not that good, I'm wondering if the limited growth is part of the altitude issue as well as the heart and lung problems. The biggest one in the bag is ust over 4 lbs, the smallest is just over 2. Average is 3.5 lbs. They were 8 weeks old. When I do more I'm going with a slower growing bird and giving them more space for a run.

lessons learned: Give them as much coop space as you can. Plan on cleaning the coop more than once a week. The fast growers do poop alot. Lower expectation for size. I bought 5-8 lb shrink bags. Had lots of extra space this time.

Sorry about the spotty reporting. Full time job and a part time job and 40 plus chickens running around leaves little time for regular reports. I thought about it a couple times a week, but never had the energy to break out the laptop.

Oh yeah, the slower growing birds will give me options. I had a migraine all day yesterday, while processing and beyond. Didn't want to try to let them go any longer for fear of losing them all in the night to health problems. So had to happen all at once.

Everyone have a great summer.

I've had my starters in the ground for 3 or 4 weeks already. Used water walls and milk jugs to get them through the last couple of frost and snows. The water wall ones are doing really good and the others are starting to get the hang of growing. Good comparison. I may need to find more water walls. These were free so will be tough to beat that price.

I have read that the cornish cross do not do well at our elevations, but that the Red Rangers do, as well as any local crosses of dual purpose or heavy breeds. Wendell has had good weights on his Dominiques. They won't be done in 8-12 weeks, but it means you can space out processing more, doing those that have gotten largest first and waiting for the others to gain more weight. I have a few RIR males and a couple of RIR x SLW cross males that are pretty good weight at 3 months, at 4 they would be about perfect I think.

Water Walls prices will shock you. Did me, anyway.

The woman I shipped eggs to in Montana hatched 5 females and 1 male Cream Legbar. She said it was the best shipped egg hatch rate she's had all year.
So, high altitude to high altitude seems to be the way to go. Now to find some Cochin eggs.

The woman I shipped eggs to in Montana hatched 5 females and 1 male Cream Legbar. She said it was the best shipped egg hatch rate she's had all year.
So, high altitude to high altitude seems to be the way to go. Now to find some Cochin eggs.

Wow that's great!

Back
Top Bottom