Colorado

I can probably put something together something to show everyone what I did to make this system function. I did swap out my inverter today with a 900 watt inverter that has a standby mode. Instead of the one I had that didn't have a stand by mode. It should help the batteries last quite a bit longer. It is a 24 volt model instead of a 12 volt model. My panel is a 24 volt model 230 watt.it produces around 12 amps. So far the system is working well. I just have a couple of used semi batteries hooked in series to make the 24 volts that the panel and the inverter needs to function correctly. I may hook up a couple more batteries to provide even more stored power.
I will put something together in the next few days and get it posted. It really is quite simple. I wonder if someone makes a 12 or 24 volt heat lamp for a brooder?

Excellent, thank you!!!

Psycho Broody introduced her babies to the flock today. Only one hen dared to question her authority and paid the price. The roosters got all upset that the hens were fighting and came rushing over to see what was going on. Pretty interesting. We are now in the midst of the pine pollen storm, oh joy! Everything is yellow. Bear came walk-about last night and Psycho Lady made sure that bear didn't have any fun or food. No harm done...... but I do have my firecrackers at the ready if needed.

Psycho Broody introduced her babies to the flock today. Only one hen dared to question her authority and paid the price. The roosters got all upset that the hens were fighting and came rushing over to see what was going on. Pretty interesting. We are now in the midst of the pine pollen storm, oh joy! Everything is yellow. Bear came walk-about last night and Psycho Lady made sure that bear didn't have any fun or food. No harm done...... but I do have my firecrackers at the ready if needed.

LOL Psycho Broody, love it! :)

We have a beautiful Blue Polish rooster that is about 3 months old. He is available for free to a loving home. He would be a spunky addition to your flock and family. Please PM me if you are interested or have any questions. Thanks!

I cought a 18 pound racoon yesterday in the live trap. He has been dispatched with prejudice and will not bother anyones chickens or quail again. The trap has been reset and is awaiting its next victom. I have the trap right next to the coop. Its kind of unnerving to see what visits the coop durring the middle of the night.

I cought a 18 pound racoon yesterday in the live trap. He has been dispatched with prejudice and will not bother anyones chickens or quail again. The trap has been reset and is awaiting its next victom. I have the trap right next to the coop. Its kind of unnerving to see what visits the coop durring the middle of the night.

Wow! 18 pounds is big! Congratulations on keeping your flock so well protected. We've got raccoons in the middle of Denver, too, along with foxes and - about a mile away as of yesterday - coyotes! What kind of trap (size, brand, how baited, etc) are you using?

Back
Top Bottom