Colorado

I snowboard!

Today my bf got me a kitty!
we named him Balthazar :)

More chicks are hatching while my sweetie makes us hand made gluten-free ravioli for dinner and I'm making a pavlova. Nom nom nom.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

Processed Bruno today and he will sit in fridge for a day or two, then he will be eaten. Funny he was 9 month old and was amazed at how small he really was under alll the downy plumage. He had a lot more fat on his body than when we processed our RIR roo's but they were 6 1/2 or 7 months.

So RIP

Rocco lost some of his wattle in the battle with Bruno, he managed to heal almost completely from frost bite on his wattles to loosing some of them in battle. Will be interesting to see how the flock dynamic will change and how Rocco adjusts to being being man on campus with a flock of 23 hens.

I'm sorry you had to get rid of Bruno but I hope Rocco is doing okay from the damage. :)

I culled Stalin a white bresse roo and Reginald the ac roo. The bresse was much easier to dress out with more meat and fat with less time.
DK,

That is the funniest thing that you named your Bresse roo Stalin. I have a Bresse cockerel named Hitler, because when he was little, his toes were bent at 90 degree angles and his feet looked like little swastikas.
tongue.png

So I'm awake and laying in bed right and my window is cracked just a little and I hear the distinct sound of my rooster crowing.

Noooo! lol
At least he isn't really loud yet. i only heard him cause the window is opened (apparently he's been doing this now since Friday). Time to invest in the no crow collar before he gets much louder.

I'm sorry you had to get rid of Bruno but I hope Rocco is doing okay from the damage. :)
Thanks,he should recover just fine just his wattles will be missing a piece.
Here are some chicks I hatched out last week from my project Olive Egger flock.
LL
[COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]
LL
So cute, so how is your project going? What breed of roo are using?

Last edited:
Euarto, that little black one....I love it.
You all are killing me with this hatching. My eggs aren't fertile enough yet to get a batch going. But, both boys are covering the girls now, so I think I may do a small hatch before the big hatch that will coincide with the Cinnamon Queens arriving. My entire family, that's three households, is complaining about our lack of eggs because the grocery prices have gone up so much. A couple of the kids think 'Ashley's eggs' are better.
If I set a batch next week, they'll be done in time to get the big hatch set on time. Even my girls are asking when we're going to pull the incubator back out.

Back
Top Bottom