Colorado

I ordered 3 bantam easter eggers and 3 bantam barred rocks. I had to order 9 extra birds to make up the 15 minimum, so I ordered 9 golden comets. I have some GC from last year and I love them. THey are calm, great layers, GREAT layers! Don't eat much...I am thinking I'll keep 2 or 3 and sell the rest.
Now I just have a bunch of GC and one sad little easter egger bantam.
Blah....so sad.

I ordered 3 bantam easter eggers and 3 bantam barred rocks. I had to order 9 extra birds to make up the 15 minimum, so I ordered 9 golden comets. I have some GC from last year and I love them. THey are calm, great layers, GREAT layers! Don't eat much...I am thinking I'll keep 2 or 3 and sell the rest.
Blah....so sad.
I am so sorry. Did they have the bantams separated so the standards didn't step all over the little ones?

Welcome I'm also from Colorado in pueblo west since your in the springs let me know when your trying to pick up birds I buy from a couple in fountain and I wouldn't get them from anyone else after the experience iv had with loss ... They have a huge selection of perfect breeds for the cold hearty winters and all in great health.

Blah....so sad.

Sorry Mo...
hugs.gif
Doesn't happen often statistically, but each loss still sucks! And it seems the successful deliveries don't get the same publicity... Not sure who you purchased them from but most offer a full 100% replacement warranty and you should be able to contact them and get them replaced at no cost to you. I hope it all works out for you.

Sorry Mo... :hugs Doesn't happen often statistically, but each loss still sucks! And it seems the successful deliveries don't get the same publicity... Not sure who you purchased them from but most offer a full 100% replacement warranty and you should be able to contact them and get them replaced at no cost to you. I hope it all works out for you.

I agree, have them re-ship your losses, I can't see this mistake happening again.

Thanks for the great support everyone.
I think I will just get a refund and try to forget about the whole bantam thing. I have a bunch of chicks I need to get rid of now so I think I'll just focus on that.
Hope everyone has a great day. Perhaps Spring is on it's way?
fl.gif

So sorry it didn't work out Mo.
hugs.gif

McMurry's new meat breed seems kind of expensive for a Red Broiler.
We had wind plus the snow yesterday. Heavy wet snow from a couple of micro storms that gave us about 5 inches and then it was all melting and blowing and icing up. Burrrr!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm still pretty sad about it because I was really pulling for the little dude.

This is what it looked like about 5-6 hours before it expired. I named it Neutron. It does seem that it was just too small and not fully ready to be out of the egg. The last egg never pipped, so they got buried side by side.

The other 2 (Mercury and Frost) are doing well so far. My dogs are very interested in them and protecting them from the other dogs in the house. If I ask them, "Are your babies okay?" they'll run upstairs to stare at the brooder box until the chicks venture out from under the EcoGlow.

Toki stands over the box so he can stick his nose in the air holes.

Arya, keeping an eye on them.

So, yesterday was tough because I was pretty broke up about little Neutron (and I still am), but it helped that I had set up a plan in the event that something like that happened with any of the hatches. It's an effort to try and plan/think ahead because of the brain trauma, but having plans helped me not completely fall apart and eat everything in my frig whilst watching bad daytime TV. I set 7 of the 10 phoenix eggs yesterday, opting to just not put the 2 smallest eggs in (the other had a odd shaped air sac) so I don't have to worry about hand turning and can just let the Brinsea do its thing.

I'm sorry to hear about your chicks, @maggiemo - I don't think I'll do shipped chicks again just because of all the horror stories about doing that I've read this month. It makes me nervous about my upcoming shipment (I also ordered from My Pet Chicken).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom