Colorado

I think my son's little pullet is looking more like a roo, what do you all think?

How old? What kind of bird? Where did you get it from?
Here is my guess, for fun (I have very little experience, so take this with a tablespoon of salt)...frizzle of some sort....5 weeks old...roo.

Last edited:
So sorry you lost one Ash.
hugs.gif
Crazy how that stuff happens.

Yes, that chick is looking a bit roo like but sometimes they go through phases and different breeds will look different as they mature. If you can get the same age and breed comparison, it would make it easier to tell correctly.

So sorry you lost one Ash.  :hugs    Crazy how that stuff happens.  

I just kept saying, what are the odds she would fall right there? So wierd. We immediately covered the slots with duct tape, makes me feel much better. I'm hoping my broody hatches all least one full cochin, we're pretty much done with them so it would be nice to have a last chick or two. None of the Cochin stock we hatched is breeder quality, they have huge vulture hocks even as chicks, and then the split breast is pretty bad on both the Roos we had. Funny though, our local lady here in Falcon has beautiful Cochins, so if I feel deprived of fluffy butts, I'll get a couple from her this summer.

@Ashdoes I'm so sorry about your chick.

@Double Kindness I hope your pullet is doing okay.

@swift081702 Holy smokes that pullet/cockerel makes my two chicks look incredibly tiny! Wow. I didn't realize mine have such a huge size difference compared to average chicks of the same age.

Last edited:
I made a bunch of salve yesterday, a bunch for human use, some for dogs and I made a calendula salve for the chickens. All have a cannabis base and other medicinal herbs in them. I am going to start using the chicken one on Rocco's comb, he still has some frostbite damage that is healing. This should just help it recover nicely.

Quote: Sorry for your loss, it happens, sometimes in the strangest ways! They may out grow vulture hocks, wait until they are at least five months old.
h
One more pic, roo or pullet? It's a bantam Cochin Frizzle
I am going to say roo, not sure of its age, but looks very big.

I made a bunch of salve yesterday, a bunch for human use, some for dogs and I made a calendula salve for the chickens. All have a cannabis base and other medicinal herbs in them. I am going to start using the chicken one on Rocco's comb, he still has some frostbite damage that is healing. This should just help it recover nicely.

Nice!!!

Back
Top Bottom