Colorado

just adding a door and fixing the downstairs and our a frame is done. Already got an egg in the upstairs!

Hey gang, so my ferment experiment never got off the ground. I finally
Found the aquarium heater we had in storage and it had a short. So can't try my project, on the positive note we were able to make room for the ferment bucket inside. I started feeding ff
Christmas, hoping to increase egg production and am hoping if they are missing something that the ff will take care of it.

Ok also, I am thinking about trying to organize a Colorado BYC meet and greet somewhere in the metro area. If people are interested please let me know. Also any suggestions to time and place to hold it would be great.

I would recommend getting a seedling heating pad. It will warm for fermenting. I worry that the aquarium heaters will be too hot. I use one to heat our waterers and I set it down on the bedding for a minute the other day and it burned the material. If it says heat the water to 62 the element gets way hotter than that. Look on Amazon for a seedling heat mat. They work very well. Also, when feeding, I only give them enough to eat on about 30 minutes and elevate it to prevent them from stepping in it. Right now, with this cold, I've stopped fermenting. I will begin again when it's a bit warmer again. And they'll be so happy. The love fermented food.

Well, I had my second carpel tunnel surgery yesterday but before that was done, I had to complete one more chicken project.

It's a large feeder for the bus. Supposed to hold 300+ lbs of feed. It only took 2.5 hours to build. Found a video on YouTube with all the plans on Google doc. They were thorough and easy to follow and had the video as well.

Look up DIY Chicken feeder with free plans on YouTube if you have an interest. It hasn't been put to use yet. But hope it works as planned.

I would recommend getting a seedling heating pad. It will warm for fermenting. I worry that the aquarium heaters will be too hot. I use one to heat our waterers and I set it down on the bedding for a minute the other day and it burned the material. If it says heat the water to 62 the element gets way hotter than that. Look on Amazon for a seedling heat mat. They work very well. Also, when feeding, I only give them enough to eat on about 30 minutes and elevate it to prevent them from stepping in it. Right now, with this cold, I've stopped fermenting. I will begin again when it's a bit warmer again. And they'll be so happy. The love fermented food.

Nice!

On our FF, have found a space for a 5 g bucket inside...we are feeding only above a certain temp and also have it raised on top of a milk crate.

Just popping in to say hello! I noticed the Colorado forum:) Fairly new to this area and am blown away at the temps lately lol.
Running back and forth to check on babies and the heat is becoming a new way of life
hmm.png

Anyone else hatching this time of year?
wee.gif

Welcome to the Colorado thread, what types of birds do you have and how many? As far as hatching, not hatching currently probably In a month or so...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom