Colorado

They are fun! We hatched their first little babies last week. Theyre like little kids compared to the rest of the flock. It's odd now having so many babies to keep mellow. When I first began hatching I had so many barnyard mixes they were for the most part pretty flighty. Now it's time consuming to make sure they all come running but oh so rewarding:)

Do you have to house the separate? I know next to nothing about silkies.

Do you have to house the separate? I know next to nothing about silkies.

I started out with two Silkies. Don't ever work at a feed store if you are prone to bringing home baby chicks LOL. I brought several of everything home in pairs to add to my flock. A skunk got into the coop and killed her sister. I bought them due to their broodiness. This is how I ended up in Falcon to buy a couple of Silkies her age. They've all been able to free range together. I've only recently put them in another coop due to the snow and drifting, along with introducing a new roo. When it warms up .............if it warms up enough for a good melt.........lol.........they'll all be out together again.

They have great personalities! Peeky, the one with one eye that survived the skunk attack rules the roost and chatters so loud she makes sure you give her plenty of attention. It's been exciting finally hatching a couple chicks but seriously want them to go broody!

They are nice looking birds. I saw the ad on CL also
ep.gif

So I am just curious what people are wanting to hatch this spring? I have a couple on my list that I would like to hatch....Blue Wheatens, Easter Eggers and Black Copper Maran. I for once can't say that I need any more birds but really like how the Blue Wheaten's look.

So I am just curious what people are wanting to hatch this spring? I have a couple on my list that I would like to hatch....Blue Wheatens, Easter Eggers and Black Copper Maran. I for once can't say that I need any more birds but really like how the Blue Wheaten's look.

I will be hatching out wheaten Ko Shamos

Back
Top Bottom