Colorado

Greetings @MountainManFowl Welcome to BYC. Glad you joined us here on the Colorado thread. Nice looking Anatolian in your Avatar. Since you have sheep, have you thought about joining the sister site? BYH? http://www.backyardherds.com There are some great sheeple over there and LGD owners as well. Anyway, welcome once again, sorry I can't help you on the silkies...

My guess, and I'm no expert, is that Mr Cogburn is a Speckled Sussex. Anyone have any thoughts.

SS Cock for sure. Nice one! Here is a photo of one of mine. The white legs are a real give away.

I'm looking for some silkies in Colorado. Anywhere within an hour or so of i-70 between Denver and junction. Chicks or adults, mixed colors. Does anyone here have some available?

Mr.MountainMan, I have a fair number of white bearded Silkies, as well as some Blue/Black bearded. 14 of their eggs were set by a teacher in Boulder Unihill Elementary to hatch on March 9, and the chicks will be available a week after that to any one who wants them. No guarantees as to quality, but we were very happy with the chicks my birds raised last summer. Am no judge of Silkies, though. Boulder is probably far for you, but if you'd like to meet halfway somewhere, I'd consider it doable. PM me if you are interested. If not, I hope you can find some closer to you. Silkies are a nice bird to have around. I am actually closer to Berthoud, if that makes any difference, close to Carter Lake.

Back
Top Bottom