Colorado

Welcome @Kittles ! What kind of ducks do you have? I'd also love to see pictures. I have three WH.

Glad we all made it through the crazy weather fairly unscathed. Sorry to hear there are so many who have gotten sick. I hope you all feel better soon (if not already).

Hope everyone had a good holiday. I enjoyed the sunny day and planted some tomato seeds. This will be my first year growing them from seed inside. I normally just get the started plants from the nursery. I also finally finished the wall letters for my niece. In the past I've done them within a month of birth but it didn't work out that way this time. Took 8 months, jeez! I think it worked out for the best though since I went a different direction with a slight Game of Thrones theme instead of matching her crib bedding. I'm not a huge fan of the bedding. I also made creme brulee for the very first time. I need to work on how much sugar to put on top and melt but the custard part was so yummy. I think most of the credit should go to my ducks for their creamy eggs. All in all a very productive weekend.

For all of those with chicks, I've love to see pictures of them too.

Hello @jayelle96 Greetings and welcome to BYC & the Colorado Channel! Good group of folks here, glad you joined us. We're all pretty much chick pic addicts, so if you have some, don't hesitate to share!

Hi again! Thanks for the welcome. I have 8 ducklings. 2 Blue Swedish. 2 Black Swedish. 2 Cayuga. And 2 Welsh Harlequin. They have all been named by my kiddos. :) The lead 'Drake' so far is our Blue Swedish named 'Orange' because my 2 year old likes that color better.

Welcome @Kittles
! What kind of ducks do you have? I'd also love to see pictures. I have three WH.

Glad we all made it through the crazy weather fairly unscathed. Sorry to hear there are so many who have gotten sick. I hope you all feel better soon (if not already).

Hope everyone had a good holiday. I enjoyed the sunny day and planted some tomato seeds. This will be my first year growing them from seed inside. I normally just get the started plants from the nursery. I also finally finished the wall letters for my niece. In the past I've done them within a month of birth but it didn't work out that way this time. Took 8 months, jeez! I think it worked out for the best though since I went a different direction with a slight Game of Thrones theme instead of matching her crib bedding. I'm not a huge fan of the bedding. I also made creme brulee for the very first time. I need to work on how much sugar to put on top and melt but the custard part was so yummy. I think most of the credit should go to my ducks for their creamy eggs. All in all a very productive weekend.

For all of those with chicks, I've love to see pictures of them too.

@Kittles are you sure you got two WH? The other one at the top of your sink looks way too dark to be a WH. They're all really cute though.
Thanks! Yes, I got them from a lady here in the Springs whose whole flock is WH. I think hers are from Metzers farm, or whatever that fowl site is.

This might be a better picture of my largest ducks. The younger ones are hatches from a backyard mix. Which I think explains the usual coloring on 'Marble'

Back
Top Bottom