Colorado

How exciting! I read through the posts and see that you said your broody had hatched two.
wee.gif
. That is great, chicks can hatch anywhere from day 18 and on. How many eggs as she on again?

I didn't know they could hatch that early!
I still think there are only two that hatched, it's hard to tell as the broody won't let me look very closely. I have seen two chick and there are two empty shells, one white and one blue. She has been sitting on 16 eggs. We'll see what happens today and tomorrow.
fl.gif

Can't use the quotes button currently....

Maggie - I am sure that momma is making sure those babies stay warm. Sometimes they hatch and we don't see the chicks under mom for a day or two.

Got a few shots of our seven week old babies, they are getting so big now.

The white one has no fear, I watched feeding time this am. She is the first on the stump for food and doesn't get chased off the feed. When she gets pecked by an adult she makes a noise like "screw you, I am here to stay!" and keeps on eating, she doesn't run off. The other two squawk after being pecked and run off the feed. She stands her ground, pretty interesting to watch a chick assert her dominance at a young age. The adults seems to respect her style.

Last edited:
Can't use the quotes button currently....

Maggie - I am sure that momma is making sure those babies stay warm. Sometimes they hatch and we don't see the chicks under mom for a day or two.
There are 6 hatched at this point. The broody is up and walking around, so I don't know if she will go back to the unhatched eggs or not
hu.gif

All the eggs that have hatched so far are blue or white, no brown or dark brown...stay tuned....
pop.gif

clucklady812, I have a few goose eggs she can try and hatch if you are interested. Just don't want to see them go to waste. They are Toulouse eggs. I currently have four goslings running around with their parents that I am interested in getting rid of if anyone is interested. Two are three weeks old and four are two weeks old. You can take your pick. Two are already spoken for. two should be tolouse and the other two are roman tufted tolouse mixed

clucklady812,  I have a few goose eggs she can try and hatch if you are interested.  Just don't want to see them go to waste. They are Toulouse eggs.   I currently have four goslings running around with their parents that I am interested in getting rid of if anyone is interested.  Two are three weeks old and four are two weeks old. You can take your pick.  Two are already spoken for.  two should be tolouse and the other two are roman tufted  tolouse mixed

Oh goslings!!! Oh my! And toulouse! My wish list goose!!! How much would you like for a few, and what area are you in? Ooooo goslings!

There are 6 hatched at this point. The broody is up and walking around, so I don't know if she will go back to the unhatched eggs or not :confused:
All the eggs that have hatched so far are blue or white, no brown or dark brown...stay tuned....:pop

Congrats on the babies....can't wait for the pictures! She might or might not go back to the eggs. If she doesn't more than likely those eggs were not viable. That has been my experience, mama knows when know more babies will hatch.

:pop

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom