Colorado

They are home! Picked up our Coronation Sussex today and they are doing great so far. I am keeping them separate initially in their own run, but my other chickens free range so there has been a lot of checking each other out. They were both easy to handle and seem friendly, but I'm trying to give them some space right now. They are even more beautiful than I hoped
2764.png
1f414.png
! Here are some pics from my phone, I'll get some better ones with my camera later today!

On the way home

Those birds are beautiful!

I cant believe how warm the weather is still. I love it but know winter will hit hard when it comes finally.

I ended up with 4 chicks from Murdochs today. We just got back from vacation last night and our 3 hens were fine. This morning the little one was dead. She was so sweet and my daughters "pet" chicken. I knew the store had some chicks so thought i would run over and get 3 chicks. I figure that way if I loose one or one was a rooster I would be covered. They had 4 RIR chicks left. Well I couldn't leave just 1 chick behind......

Chicken math. Sigh.

Those birds are beautiful!

I cant believe how warm the weather is still. I love it but know winter will hit hard when it comes finally.

I ended up with 4 chicks from Murdochs today. We just got back from vacation last night and our 3 hens were fine. This morning the little one was dead. She was so sweet and my daughters "pet" chicken. I knew the store had some chicks so thought i would run over and get 3 chicks. I figure that way if I loose one or one was a rooster I would be covered. They had 4 RIR chicks left. Well I couldn't leave just 1 chick behind......

Chicken math. Sigh.

Thanks! I have had to really avoid TS because I know I would have the same response with chicks! I actually ordered feed and treats on Amazon just so that I wouldn't come home with any new chicks :) The warm weather is deceiving...

Dramatic Chicken In A Barn! Gotta make the most of the little amount of daylight when I get home from work.

And Epiphany was the first of this year's pullets to lay an egg! And then flew into my face when I tried to get a picture of her! It's a longstanding tradition for my flock to do this.

Back
Top Bottom