Colorado

Don't be. It is how it is and nothing can change it. My great grandmother was blind by age 60 and still made it to 104.
I have accepted it.
Yeah, I understand, and all you can do is accept and move on, just sad to part company with your birds. 104 is darned good genes! (and laughing at myself because I almost typed "jeans" I think because I just saw something where that word was used in place of genes and I found it hilarious)

Yeah, I understand, and all you can do is accept and move on, just sad to part company with your birds. 104 is darned good genes! (and laughing at myself because I almost typed "jeans" I think because I just saw something where that word was used in place of genes and I found it hilarious)

I am pretty sure I bought the ducks while in denial. :hmm

Truth be told I don't think I want to be 104. Like ever.

I have 9 black Australorp age 3. 2 BA, 1 dark brahma, and 2 BSL age 5.
1 giant blue cochin, 1 medium sized red cochin, 1 barnevelder all are 4.
2 salmon faverolle, 2 starlight green layers and 2 prairie bluebells age 1.

I think I will have a hard time finding someone to take the following....
bantam black cochin age 11 bantam silver laced cochin age 10
Cross beak orpington age 4 and her orpington friend age 4.

That is all the chickens.

Of course there will be chicken gear to go as well.....feeders, nest box and more.
Nest box....they are still using it so I cannot let it go yet.
View attachment 2229658

Like an idiot I added and invested quite a bit of $$$ into ducks. Those are also available but I have to try and recoup the money. They are 6 female and one male welsh harlequin ducks hatched April 1, 2020 and ordered from Cackle. They are very pretty.
Of course I have a stock tank for them......viewable here.....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/starting-that-duck-house.1366533/

Oh and the small broody house.....the way it is built....it would be very easy to set it on a platform, secure it to said platform, turn the back wall into a drop down or swing open cleanout etc. It really wouldn't take much. It could also house 2 ducks as it sits.....but would need a run extension....

I have been diagnosed with both glaucoma and cataracts. It is not a matter of if but when I will be blind. I notice it happening rather rapidly. I just want the birds in homes before I cannot tend them anymore.
Where are you located in Colorado?

Hey everyone! I have not been on in, I don’t know how long...after being in school the last two years I’ve finally gotten a bit of a break and we decided to get chickens again! I have an available Black Copper Maran Rooster from GreenFire farms. We’re in Falcon, if anyone is interested, please pm me. 4D47BADD-4EE3-436C-987F-99F611A8EEA1.jpeg

A friend of mine ordered a mystery Rare breed chick for her flock (among her larger order). She got a blue Andalusian and just does not have enough space to keep her happy. She is located in Evergreen Colorado.

Gwenievere. Hatched May 18. Needs more space:
BE5E4EB4-DE42-4178-9E52-97ED2C1DDF7D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom