Colorado

Thank you, guys. We are going to talk to an attorney my mother in law knows. Can you believe the HOA didn't even sign the letter or give a phone number? That is so cowardly. We have no way of knowing who from the HOA sent the letter, whether they already discussed this at a meeting, nothing...

I have talked to someone that is a retired attorney and I am trying to dig out the closing paperwork on this house to see if the HOA is referenced anywhere at all in the title work. The reason the HOA came up before is because when we bought this house, we considered possibly splitting the lot in two and selling the other side of the lot. According to the rules filed when the community was built, the lot was just slightly too narrow to allow this. When we spoke to the title company, they told us that the HOA was voluntary at this point because it was past the initial 30 year development period. Of course, the letter they sent says the rules are legally biding, they are going to sue us, and we are going to have to pay all their legal fees.

Anyway, as far as the zoning, the county said that the zoning we are under does not allow any poultry at all even though we are in an unincorporated area. I think we have very good ground to stand on if we challenge that and try to get a variance though. In the information I was able to locate from the county, it mentions a number of things like how big your lot is, how far away from other houses you are, how tall your fence is is, etc... We are on .5 acre with a six foot fence and the birds are probably at least 150-200 feet from any of the neighbors. I have to think that this and the fact that we are across the street from a huge horse pasture will work in our favor.

Thank you for your help and good thoughts! If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.

Can you believe the HOA didn't even sign the letter or give a phone number? That is so cowardly. We have no way of knowing who from the HOA sent the letter, whether they already discussed this at a meeting, nothing...

I suspect it might not even come from the HOA. Maybe someone is trying to just scare you??

anyone know of a clever set of names for a pair of girl WH's?

Laverne & Shirley? Thelma and Louise? Betty and Wilma? I like Betty & Wilma
big_smile.png

Quote:
I suspect it might not even come from the HOA. Maybe someone is trying to just scare you??

big_smile.png

Yeah, Betty and Wilma, and then when she gives in and gets a couple of boys she will be all set to call them Fred and Barney, LOL

Quote:

big_smile.png

Yeah, Betty and Wilma, and then when she gives in and gets a couple of boys she will be all set to call them Fred and Barney, LOL

Cinnamon and Spice, that's what we named our goats!!
big_smile.png

Quote:

big_smile.png

Cinnamon and Spice, that's what we named our goats!!
big_smile.png

Really? I call our two adult does Skeksis and Morticia, just because they are a couple of butts.

Quote:
I do not know how far away you are from Brighton, but Brighton feed should have what you need. I also make my own feed but we are lucky since we grown our own wheat, but I do have to buy corn, laying pellets, black sunflowers, white millet( they love that) and I mix in DE. It may be rich by some peoples standards but I only have 27 pullets at this time and I usually get 18-23 eggs per day. I have great girls.

Quote:
I do not know how far away you are from Brighton, but Brighton feed should have what you need. I also make my own feed but we are lucky since we grown our own wheat, but I do have to buy corn, laying pellets, black sunflowers, white millet( they love that) and I mix in DE. It may be rich by some peoples standards but I only have 27 pullets at this time and I usually get 18-23 eggs per day. I have great girls.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to go there. I need wheat and DE, but I did make a mix of layer crumbles, corn, BOS, and oats. It was a little spendy, but we'll see how long it will last it made a lot. I'd rather buy my ingredients in bulk though. I'm feeding aout 70 birds right now since I've raising meaties, so I need a more cost effective alternative. I'm glad your girls are still laying well on your mix! What ratio do you use?

Sonja

Whatever looks good and also determine the amount that is left over. I have lightened up on the cracked corn. they are wasting alot and now that is is getting to the growing season, I alway plant extra for the girl and I have a small alfalfa patch just for them. I do cook them rice and all the kitchen goodie they want. Got 18 eggs today.

Anyone need ducklings? I have 3 pure bred Welsh Harlequin drakelettes and 2 mixed breeds left (half runner half WH). PM me.

Back
Top Bottom