Colorado

Disclaimer: each dog is different. I don't have chickens yet, and don't know any chicken owners that would be willing to let me try my dogs around their chickens.......
We get ours in the spring. We will see how they do then. Elkhounds require a firm loving hand to learn sometimes. I saw a ceasar Milan episode where he worked with a dog and by the end, the dog was allowing the chicken to sit on it, whereas previously it had been chasing and killing them. Who knows for sure...
hu.gif

Last edited:
Good luck with your dog search.. I got extremely lucky with Tinkerbelle. She was offered for free on CL, already used to chickens and goats, the turkey wasn't a far stretch. Tink is a great pyr/yellow lab mix, great with the animals, loving with the family, and also good for a single lady in the middle of nowhere (she won't let anyone in the yard with out me, esp men)

Hudson Lockers will also process birds, I believe you have to have a reservation for it however. They are just off of I 76 north of Brighton, not sure if that's too much of a drive for you.

Can't do the chicken party in August. Sorry.

Still have goats and chicks for sale (including some egger pullets, a bantam blue silkie cockerel, two 3 mo buff orpingtons and two bantam eggers that MUST stay together). Look for my craigslist ad. Discounts to BYCers.

Collecting special recipes for a cookbook so e-mail me for details or check out my blog later this afternoon.

I'm gone for a while off this forum. Sometimes my feelings get hurt really easily, and right now I'm going through a bad enough time without it being compounded.

Quote:
Well I wasn't sitting on the edge of my seat but close to it!!! I have six BCM roosters and they are dueling crowers!!! On top of those six I have a banty roo and Humphrey and they all get to crowing and it can get quite noisy out there. I may end up putting some of them in the freezer but hate to cull such a pretty bird as them!!

Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know. It is appreciated!!

Back
Top Bottom