Colorado

Quote:
So sorry you are dealing with being sick. I am curious about your ceramics. Do you make coffee/tea mugs and do you sell them? I love REAL mugs because I think there is something very special in hand-crafted goods. Always looking for something special to start my day with!

What they said!

I live in unicorporated El Paso county, though my address is now Fountain. We are zoned R-5, so we are classified as a hobby farm, and are only limited by what the property can sustain. We have 7 acres. And fortunately for us, we don't have an HOA either!
lol.png

Hey GM! Welcome to BYC and the CO thread. We live up here in Brighton just east of I76 on Bromley Ln. I have no idea what the codes and regs are up here. We on 47 acres and my in-laws have had cows in the past. Now we have chickens, ducks, 2 piggies, and 1 goat who is hitting 15 years of age. Where bouts are you up here?

Cara

Quote:
So sorry you are dealing with being sick. I am curious about your ceramics. Do you make coffee/tea mugs and do you sell them? I love REAL mugs because I think there is something very special in hand-crafted goods. Always looking for something special to start my day with!

i can make them, yes, I haven't sold any before though. I wouldn't know where to start. I have been on a tear lately making pet dishes, lol.
smile.png
Next time I fire up the wheel, I'll shoot you off a PM.
smile.png

Mrs E, sorry you're not feeling up to snuff. I was curious about your ceramics also. Throughout the years my 2 oldest kids made many various pieces for me that I cherish with all my heart. Now my youngest is starting to and I'm so excited to see what she brings me over the years (she's in 5th). Do you use the wheel? Watching people use that just fascinates me
smile.png

Ok I see you do use the wheel! How fun. I bet that's pretty good therapy too. To just sit and relax turning a hunk of clay into a beautiful piece of pottery.

Last edited:
Quote:
it is, and my kids are involved too. they are learning to use the kiln, set timers for that purpose, understand the pyrometric cones and using the equipment. I count it all as art and such for their schooling LOL. and they find it cathartic too to get a project running through their hands. You can express feeling you never realised you had through art. And some you know you have just not how to "get out in the open" through the process of manipulating clay and such.
smile.png

It's kinda fun running the wheel, chickens and ducks making their curiosity known from a distance. Good stuff. It's funny when a bit of clay goes flying and they see it, chase after it only to find it's not at all a treat from them. They get a little miffed about it.
smile.png

urbanfarmer, good luck!
coopa, I used to know a few electricians in Arvada, but sadly have lost contact, have you tried the services area on CL?
MrsE, Now that someone else has broached the cup talk, I am SO interested in hand turned pottery! Looks like you may have found a paying hobby.. Please add me to your contact list when you start up again also.

Back
Top Bottom