Colorado

There are friend you could hug and there are friends that you could strangle.... I was suppose to leave to pick up my babies at 1, we arranged that time so that they could come with us. (they asked) They are half an hour away from us and just getting out of the shower.
barnie.gif
i'd tell them sorry, but i can't wait.
I'm not one that has much patience for people being inconsiderate. If you arranged the time with them they should have been ready at the time agreed upon.

congrats on the babies by the way :)

Hey does anyone know of a feed mill for poultry feed by the pound in CO preferably near ColoSprings? I would rather buy more and pay less. Thanks.

It's been a month or two since I've been to Wardle Feed (in Wheat Ridge). This is the first year they are selling chicks. They also have some coops for sale. The coops and chicks are all from Eric Fulenwider - so definitely not hatchery stock.

It's nice to see them selling chicks now, and I've love to have a brooder like they are in, which I'm sure Eric also built. But I couldn't leave without reminding them that they need to keep up with cleaning those pasty butts!

yay! i got my coop and pulled the "mothers day" card so hubby is going to get my run put together. hehe. you do what you have to do when you have chicks that are 12 wks old and no place to put them.

I got my babies, they are very cutie. Two were a bit pasty and not very happy when I cleaned them. One's toe is clipped at the end, will she be okay on her own or should I get her looked at?

I got my babies, they are very cutie. Two were a bit pasty and not very happy when I cleaned them. One's toe is clipped at the end, will she be okay on her own or should I get her looked at?
Congrats Minchi! The chick should be just fine. You could maybe dab a bit of antiseptic on it and keep an eye on it, but other than that I would just keep paper towels down for a couple of days so you can clean easier and more often. Enjoy the chicks!

So anyone else wake up every two hours to check on there baby chicks on the first day? I tried to sleep but I would just keep waking up worried about them, kept dreaming they got hurt. Dam my over active brain!

you could put some neosporin on the toe, but make sure it doe NOT have pain relief in it. That stuff is really bad for them.
As for the pasty butt, try putting a dab of olive oil on there. It should help prevent it. In a wk or so, if any of them are still having issues try giving them some greek yogurt.

to those of you that have read about my problems order a coop and the crooked company that tried to keep my money without giving me my product. I have disputed charges with the bank/credit card and have reported them to the BBB

Now onto the good news. I think i found my coop!! In Belvue there is an old chicken farmer that makes them as a hobby/form of income. So not only does he know what he's doing but he isn't trying to cut corners either :) The one I'm looking at is a 4X6 and has a really good design/layout. Plus its high quality and only 450! Since hubby doesn't have the time to build one we decided to purchase one and i didn't realize how expensive they could be till I started looking at them!!

Hopefully it looks as good in person as it does in the pictures!!
fl.gif

Awesome news. Good to hear.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom