Colorado

my inlaws just got pre evacuation notices due to the fire. It jumped the poudre river and is about 3 miles from them

I saw the map in the Reporter Herald of the burn area this morning...Wow, it looks like this thing has jumped the Poudre in 2 places. If it can jump the Poudre...there is very little that will slow this thing down.

I hope that all is well with your inlaws...this is a scary time for a lot of people. I hope that all is well...

Keep us posted...I'd like to know.

So far I'm aware of only a few poultry people in the Loveland/Johnstown/Milliken area:

Mommato5 is in Loveland (sw)

kmatt87 is in Loveland

99Peeps is in Milliken

Rock Home Isle is in Johnstown

Well that's 4 in the local area....Maybe we could get together sometime over the summer and look at eachother's...stuff.!?...
hmm.png

Last edited:
I'm in south fort collins and have variety of egg layers and then I breed silkie and serama chickens and also have sebastopol geese. I would love the get together with some other chicken people in the area.
Renae

I saw the map in the Reporter Herald of the burn area this morning...Wow, it looks like this thing has jumped the Poudre in 2 places. If it can jump the Poudre...there is very little that will slow this thing down.

I hope that all is well with your inlaws...this is a scary time for a lot of people. I hope that all is well...

Keep us posted...I'd like to know.

i'll keep you updated here. As of 1130a they were still under pre evacuation and watching the fire really close.

Coloradogal,

Great info. I'll pass on the posts as I'm attaching fence to existing 10x10"s, but if there is enough wire to make it worth wile to drive from CS to Falcon I'm more than happy to take that off you hands : )

I'm going to go with 4 hens. I don't think I'll get my run done for a month and a half or so. I really dont want to get chicks until I'm don done. don't want to have to hurry at the end and doy hasty shotty work. Seems if I get chicks then they will be feathering out and going inot coop right when it is starting to get cold. Not sure if that is a great plan or not... don't want those litter suckers freeziing to death.

Plexi is a great idea... I've been searching Resore and Craigslist for small windows to no avail. Just have to figure out a way to make it look pretty.

Mo
I used skillet lids and crockpot lids from the ARC for windows in mine! As funny as it sounds they work really well. Get the biggest ones that will work and if you need help with attaching them I can help ya! You can see better pics on my profile of the windows

Back
Top Bottom