Colorado

I raise mine! I have Thousands!!

I started with 2000 last winter...now I have about 10,000! You can see some of my posts on the meal worm farming thread. If you buy them locally it will cost a fortune compared to ordering them.

Joe

I don't even have earthworms here
barnie.gif

I can't believe what it looks like out here by my house in eastern Parker. So incredibly smoky. I just spent the last half hour trying to find out if a new nearby wildfire popped up or if the storm clouds have brought the Waldo Canyon smoke all the way over here. It's so bad I had to close all the windows and my head is pounding.

And now Boulder! Man, some rain finally rolls in, and we get another fire from the lightning.
sickbyc.gif

OMG I just came in from spending the day outside (where it's cooler than my unairconditioned, un swamp coolered mobile home (otherwise known as a metal box) to find out that they are expanding the evacuation areas all the way to Garden of the Gods and Centennial and north. Evacuating USAFA. Be safe everyone.

Jenelle, I think it was you who asked, but for whoever....I just read a post this morning by Beekissed (I think), another super source of info on the old timers thread. She says yes, the double layer of feathers is an insulator for both heat and cold and well feathered birds do better in heat that lightly feathered birds.

Last edited:
The 130's that they are flying out of Peterson were going over my place all afternoon. I had hoped that that was a good sign that they were getting some good retardant dumped on the fire. I guess I should have known that the wind was just too vicious to allow for any containment.

Back
Top Bottom